Jedi Fallen Order won't launch from Origin

by shirokuro73

Original Post

Re: Jedi Fallen Order won't launch from Origin

★★★ Newbie

I am also having the same exact issues. I installed it on my primary laptop and it works, but refuses to work on my secondary. I have tried each and every solution provided online. I am using a Surface book 2 as my primary machine, and a Surface Pro 7 (i5 8gb ram, 256gb) and still no joy.I am under the impression it is an account syncing issue. 

I have tried all of these

- multiple reinstalls of the game/origin

- clearing origin cache

- two separate installs, one with steam, another through origin alone

- clean boot

- run as administrator

- add exceptions in windows firewall for origin,steam, and SW fallen order

When launching with origin, the origin app just restarts to the main menu

When launching with steam, origin opens and "that's embarrassing, something went wrong" and origin restarts once again.

Can anyone from EA confirm they are working on resolving these issues? or that they are aware of it.

Message 21 of 38 (3,806 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay, I can confirm that there is no DRM associated with Fallen Order that would prevent you from launching on multiple systems (I myself have been playing on 3 different PC's).

@negmaron305 Is the game installed on the same HDD as Origin is installed on? Have you tried launching the game on a new Windows User Profile?

EACade
Message 22 of 38 (3,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade No partitions on either of my SSDs, both installs are on same drive as origin. I just created a visitor account and tried to launch the game through steam.

Steam opened origin, origin was open before 20 seconds before it recycled itself, and shortly thereafter shut down automatically while flashing error message "oops something went well wrong." or something along those lines. It's not up for very long for me to read it before crashing.
Message 23 of 38 (3,764 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @negmaron305,

Thanks. With the addition of those steps I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this.

Please reach out to an advisor here http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us so we can gather a DXDiag and get this investigated further.
EACade
Message 24 of 38 (3,753 Views)

★★ Novice

That's not really true tho.

I've been trying all sorts of suggestions to get the game to run again after the latest update/Windows update.

Reinstalled the game and Origin/vcredist and a bunch of things a couple of times.. until EA's DRM decided to step in to prevent me from attempting to fix my non-functional game any further (see insulting screenshot).

Message 25 of 38 (3,683 Views)

★★ Novice

for me setting the system env var OPENSSL_ia32cap=:~0x20000000 worked that other suggested in similar threads.

Message 26 of 38 (3,476 Views)

★ Novice

Click on the Jedi Fallen order splash screen (smaller window that shows the title and cover) and then hit alt+F4. My game started immediately when I tried this

Message 27 of 38 (2,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi community manager,

My Star Wars Fallen Order game won't start. I have plenty enough of spec. I never managed to play it.

What do I do?

EA.com's website is not helping. Their help site is not allowing me to contact anyone. 
Can you fix it? Where do I actually speak to a human being?
Regards

Olaf

Message 28 of 38 (2,402 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @olafplaying,

Can you grab a DXDiag for us please so we can take a look? http://bit.ly/GatherSystemInfo
EACade
Message 29 of 38 (2,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me after trying all other steps in the thread,including clean boot, deleting from HDD and reinstalling on SSD. Thank you.

Message 30 of 38 (2,211 Views)