Re: Jedi Fallen Order won't launch from Origin

by EA_Atic

Original Post

★ Novice

Just got Fallen Order and had this issue, solved by clearing cache from local Origin folder. 

https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

The instructions say to delete the folder %AppData%\Roaming\Local\Origin, but I simply renamed it "Origin-backup" just in case, which did the same thing. Shout out to EA support for walking me through troubleshooting and trying this method. I tried other suggestions I saw in this thread which didn't help me, but maybe I missed this one particular troubleshooting step when skimming through. 

Message 31 of 38 (2,661 Views)

★★ Novice

Why does the game need Epic Games to launch? Isn't it an EA Game? Ican't play without the Epic Games Lauincher

Message 32 of 38 (2,273 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it works, thank you!

Message 33 of 38 (1,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

"Click on the Jedi Fallen order splash screen (smaller window that shows the title and cover) and then hit alt+F4. My game started immediately when I tried this"

After all these failed attempts to fix the game, THIS can't seriously be the solution I needed to find! Tried it and my game immediately started working XD

Message 34 of 38 (1,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I, as well am having this problem, although it used to work and yet now it does not. 

Message 35 of 38 (836 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Alt f4 just closes it in Windows11

Message 36 of 38 (541 Views)

★ Novice

Weirdly it launched just fine for me in Windows 11. I didn't have to do any work arounds

Message 37 of 38 (528 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Jedi Fallen Order, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 38 of 38 (404 Views)