Game launch failure Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts

by pugnaproveritas

Original Post

Re: Game launch failure Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accou

★★★★★ Novice

Issue resolved for me at the time of this comment!

Message 21 of 32 (1,803 Views)

Re: Game launch failure Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accou

★★★★★ Apprentice
@pugnaproveritas Curious, how did you fix it?

I have it on steam, worked fine initially, now it sits for a minute and just closes itself, no error message or windows popup. The only indication is origin seems to restart itself and gets a banner message, store disabled as launched from third party.
Message 22 of 32 (1,731 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hmm that's odd. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Message 23 of 32 (1,727 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@pugnaproveritas Validation of files followed by full clean uninstall, reinstall, also removing licences as suggested in another thread.
Message 24 of 32 (1,725 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have you linked your EA account with Steam? Have you opened both Origin and Steam before running the game?
Also, have you tried running the game from your Origins Library instead of Steam?

Message 25 of 32 (1,723 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@pugnaproveritas Yes to all, as I say, game was working fine a few months ago.
Message 26 of 32 (1,721 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Badmagic-One Sorry bud, don't think I'll be much help in this instance. In my case, the game started launching fine after about a week. I think an Origin launcher patch fixed the issue. From what you've said, it sounds like a similar issue where Origin is failing to communicate with another DRM. I'd suggest having a live chat with EA to see if they might be able to help. Wouldn't hurt creating a bug report in this forum and reddit as well to see if others have had similar issues. I'd recommend clearing the origin launcher's cache, see if that works before seeking support from EA. That's going to be one step they'll ask you to do, without fail. Also try re-installing origin.

Message 27 of 32 (1,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Got it working for now, went back to build 1909:18363:1082 from 2004, apparently 2004 is still totally broken. 

EDIT~  Nope, still broken, worked last night.  

Message 28 of 32 (1,694 Views)

Re: Error Message: Try relaunching your game to continue linking your accounts.

★★★ Newbie

This is the first time i have bought an EA game, just because of issues. I thought it all has been resolved. But now i get the same error with origin. 
I will ever own a game from ea or anything with origin again. Im glad  didnt pay too much for the game. Game has been uninstalled, and origin also.

and after reading online about EA still having tons of issues, yea its time ea just pull the plug and just stop making games.

Message 29 of 32 (1,453 Views)

Re: Game launch failure: Try relaunching your game to continue linking your acco

★★★ Newbie
@xxZarathustra if your running it on steam family mode, i suggest you switch that off, it worked for me :D!
Message 30 of 32 (931 Views)