Re: Game freezes at start of cutscene when traveling to Kashyyyk

by mattbeck314

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game freezes at start of cutscene when traveling to Kashyyyk

★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug When travelling to Kashyyyk I sit in the chair to land and as soon as the cutscene starts the game completely freezes.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know what would have caused it but it seemed to start right after finishing the tomb mission and discovering the artifact in Zeffo.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cutscene to land starts and then the game just freezes.
What do you expect to see? The full landing cutscene and the ability to land on Kashyyyk to continue playing.

Whenever I attempt to travel to Kashyyyk and sit in the chair to land, the landing cutscene starts but immediately frezzes. I can still hear some sound from the ship in the background on a loop but cannot do anything and have to hit the PS button and close the game. I can go to any of the other planets and have tried going back and forth several times but as soon as I try to go to Kashyyyk, it freezes again. Since I am at a point in the game where my next mission is on Kashyyyk, I am stuck and cannot progress.

Message 1 of 20 (7,699 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I hope this helps someone. I had this problem and fixed it like this. I went to the holidex and traveled to darthomir. But when he says to sit for the landing i didnt instead i went back to the holidex and traveled to kashyyyk. When he said sit, i did and it worked

View in thread

Message 19 of 20 (2,186 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Have you found any solution to this? I am having this same issue and cannot proceed in the game either.

Message 2 of 20 (7,583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Unfortunately I have yet to find a solution, I have tried creating different saves and traveling to different planets but it always freezes again when I travel to Kashyyyk. I will be sure to post if I recieve any information or find any possible solution.

Message 3 of 20 (7,579 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not exactly sure which piece fixed it - But, I went to another planet - saved my game - explored and let myself die.  Then saved on the ship - exited the game and shut the xbox off.  Then restarted and was able to go to Kashyyyk.  Hope that helps.  Not sure why it worked for me.  I was in the same boat - over and over just went to the black screen with the red dots in the middle... 

Message 4 of 20 (7,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have tried all the fixes for the black screen with dots issue but this seems to be a different thing entirely, instead of a black screen, it loads the first frame or so of the cutscene and then everything freezes except some audio on a loop. I have tried everything from traveling to another planet, dying, saving etc to removing and re-downloading the game and nothing has worked. I am going to try again here in the next couple days and if I can't get something figured out I am going to contact EA directly. I will be sure to share any information up to, and including if I find any work around or fix.

If this message helped you, please give some XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

Message 5 of 20 (7,470 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue and haven't been able to progress for weeks, though I have tried all of the aforementioned possible fixes. Any new ideas Matt or anyone?

Message 6 of 20 (7,250 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same here. I can travel anywhere and do other things but the main mission is Kashyyyk and I'm done elsewhere. Freezes every time. Even when I try to open the map on the holotable. Is there a fix yet? Please let there be a fix
Message 7 of 20 (7,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have sent this up the chain as far as I could and I haven't heard back from anyone, needless to say it is very frustrating. I am going to try to contact someone over the phone and/or see if there is a different department that I can talk to, I will continue to provide updates as I recieve additional information. 

p.s. I'm not sure if it makes any difference but if you are able to give some xp, maybe if i can level up they will pay more attention to my requests,  no big deal and just a thought. Thank you for your co tined patience and time.

Message 8 of 20 (7,159 Views)

★★★ Novice
@mattbeck314 Done. Let me know if you get any info from them. I really don't want to start again...
Message 9 of 20 (7,114 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ktwss93011 thank you, I got on chat with an EA representative who recommended that I boot the ps4 in safe mode and rebuild the database, I will try that again tonight and hope for the best

Message 10 of 20 (7,105 Views)