Re: Constant crash: Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost.

by Gargamel314

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Tried but didn't work for me. 

i7 9700k OC to 5ghz

gtx 1070ti 

Set in game FPS to 120 and that didnt work.

Vsync is turned on in game.

Message 21 of 49 (3,826 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any official response from EA?? I am also running into this issue of crashes every 5-10 minutes and have tried almost every recommendation in this forum so far...I just wanna play this awesome game but it’s unplayable!!! 

Message 22 of 49 (3,752 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still no fix yet. I've been through 3 different agents in the live chat who provided some additional troubleshooting steps which I will provide here. None of it worked for me, but maybe some of it will for you. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase fix this EA!

Message 23 of 49 (3,701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just saw a new update for the game but in the patch notes there was no mention of any fixes for any major bugs such as this. Any updates for us EA??? I’d really love to get back to playing this game

Message 24 of 49 (3,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the same situation...and I tried everything but in vain.

Please fix the bug...EA

Message 25 of 49 (3,578 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I suspect this has something to do with Unreal Engine 4. I’ve done further research and found that many people have this issue with any game running this engine. I recently purchased Mordhau and although the crashes aren’t as frequent it still happens. 

Message 26 of 49 (3,496 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still no response from EA... It'd be nice to at least get an update even if it's to say you haven't made any progress; it would be nice to know that you haven't forgot about everybody who has this issue. Still haven't played the game since... might just try to get my money back at this point. Sad because this is a really awesome game

Message 27 of 49 (3,272 Views)

★★ Novice

I have not been able to play this game like, ever, i would be pissed af if it wasn't because i got it for cheap change from Epic this last sale. 

Its so weird though, sometimes i can get 5 seconds in the first cut-scene, other times i can remain throughout the main menu or straight crashing. But never have i been able to play this thing, and again i've tried everything hell i even reinstalled windows but to no avail.

Specs:

i7 4770K

GTX 980 ASUS STRIX

Z87 MSI MPOWER MAX

Message 28 of 49 (3,222 Views)

★★ Novice

I've got the game today and I'm having the same issue.

Setup:

CPU: 5960X

GPU: 3x EVGA Titan X (GM200)

Driver: 442.74

Screen: 3840x2160 / full screen mode

Cleaned and reinstalled the GPU drivers with DDU - no effect.

I can rule out hardware problems and temperature issues - rig is working fine for other games and also under high load with Folding at home using all GPUs and the CPU simultaneously.

So far it happens only in full screen mode, not in borderless window mode. But the latter causes stuttering and has issues with VSYNC - so this is not an option for me.

This issue also occurs mostly (not always) within cutscenes exactly at the same time.

Some sceneries seem to be more susceptible to it than others.

Is there a fix in the pipeline? Otherwise I would ask Steam for a refund.

Message 29 of 49 (2,829 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've had zero problems with this game up until now, when I updated my NVIDIA drivers. I installed 445.75 and it immediately began crashing upon launch, same message as everyone else in this thread. I rolled back to 442.59 and everything is fine again.

Setup:

CPU: i7-8700K

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060

Driver: 445.75 (problematic)

Screen: 2560x1440p w/ G-Sync

Message 30 of 49 (2,719 Views)