Re: Why is no one using Red Stinger?

★★ Pro

@jaydabbler wrote:

if this card had team-up, it would be a ton better

........but it does.

Message 11 of 18 (400 Views)

★ Apprentice

those RED events are apple only, and its BS they got a plant and android gets nothing

Message 12 of 18 (392 Views)

★★ Guide

Red has the option to become 6/2 and is 2/6  for 4  and is a flower synergy-wise.
Pea-nut is 2-4 for 3 and is a nut synergy-wise. 

They are pretty much on the same spot I guess. I feel like that especially for Spudow you would rather want a solid nut (no pun intended) than a flower.

I guess this is also true for Grass Knuckles (If you ever wanted to play him defensively) and most likely Citron. So IF Red has a spot its in Knight.

Message 13 of 18 (947 Views)

★ Guide

Bot then wallknight doesn't need red because he has power flower

Message 14 of 18 (371 Views)

★★ Guide

The 4-Sun slot is just to crowded with Power for Red to be dominant I suppose. competiotion (that imho outclasses it):

Guardian:
Mirrornut 
Guacodile (no way you gonna drop guacodile for Red right amirite?)
other:

Stg. Strongberry (hell. no way) (kabloom also has sour berries and Pineclone which are Imo very good but im not sure if you want them with Spodow)

Bananasaurus Rex (yes)

Snapdragon 

Chomper 

Magnifying Gras

Metal Petal Sunflower (Solar/Knight indeed has the best possible use for this. Also Growth/Knuckles has only repeat-moss and Bananasaurus(which is legendary) but I am not sure if Grass Knuckles wants any of these).

Overall I don´t see a chance outside Knight for Red to shine. And then it still has to outclass Guacodile, Mirrornut, Metal Petal sunflower and Magnifying Grass....I ---just dont see it.

Message 15 of 18 (363 Views)

★ Guide

You know that boomerang is good too, right?

Message 16 of 18 (354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Well... this thread was certainly busy while I was away. My thoughts on your inputs:

I can definitely agree that Stinger's main place is with Wall-Knight. With the other heroes, as put by wonoz, there are simply too many better options. But with Wall-Knight, Red Stinger accomplishes remarkable synergy with plants like Wall-Nut, Sunflower, and Mixed Nuts. Unfortunately, many people simply don't play Wall-Knight frequently, so this could definitely be part of it.

For those of you saying "6-2 is too weak tho", you've made a poor point. The point of Red Stinger isn't how good he is by himself, it's about how he works together with other plants. Put him behind Chestnut, and he becomes a 6-10 titan that can only be countered with B-Flat/Rocket Science/Cut Down to Size/etc., helps Power Flower (if it's Wall-Knight), and can be made even stronger with Spineapple and Smackadamia. And that's only one example of how he can be used. Complaining about 6-2 tells me that you put him behind a sunflower and crossed your fingers. Again, not the point.

I'll tell you what though: I'm definitely glad I've got people talking about my man the Red Stinger. Thank you all for your input! EA said that it was an early access plant, so maybe it'll get released as a Super-Rare or something down the line.

Message 17 of 18 (337 Views)

★ Guide

The problem is bungee plumber

Message 18 of 18 (321 Views)