Who else feels like the scallywag imp is underpowered

by tOiBonnie

Original Post

Who else feels like the scallywag imp is underpowered

★★ Novice

The mech is actually pretty good, but on foot he's pretty weak, considering he only deals 20 damage with a rather-slow fire rate, the two just don't seem to be a good trade-off, tbh it should deal 25 damage at default and 30 with the damage upgrade.

Message 1 of 12 (1,104 Views)

Re: Who else feels like the scallywag imp is underpowered

★ Guide

Well then why don't you do what far too many other players who use the imp do? Hide somewhere until their mech is available. There is an easy way Popcap could end this cowardly practice - make the cooldown system for the mech dependent upon action (like the legendary effect meters, not merely the passing of time).

And I can assure you, having played many a game of gnome bomb against half a dozen mechs, no imp is underpowered.

None of them.

Message 2 of 12 (1,070 Views)

★★★ Guide

If they finally gave me an opportunity to play him, I would give my input. But they make it extremely hard to get the 2 legendary characters through the packs in the shop.

Message 3 of 12 (1,049 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You know that  you can getthe scallywag imp and commando corn if ya buy the festive upgrade 

Message 4 of 12 (1,018 Views)

★★ Novice

@FatalGrief if no imp is underpowered, then why do I have to take an enemy by surprise in order to even stand a chance against them? ntm, the z mech is almost as bad as bad as the imp considering how overpowered pea gatling is

Message 5 of 12 (986 Views)

★★ Novice

sorry, grammar check

Message 6 of 12 (985 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have him mastered and he only has a chance at close  range. Considering his fire rate he should be a litlle more powerful. 

Message 7 of 12 (963 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

First and most importantly, they tried to make a close ranged variant out of the character with the least health in the game.

The Scallywag may deal some great close range damage, but he puts himself at risk there, too. Being close up to foes makes them easier to hit as well.

Let's take note of how much damage he deals.

10 to 14 damage normally...

12 to 16 on a critical hit...

And an additional 4 at near point blank.

He fires about 2.5 times per second...

Meaning, by default, with no upgrades, he deals up to about 50 damage a second. At close range.

That's a low DPS, even by Imp standards. And he only gets that massive damage at close range.

Now let's discuss his legendary Yohoho Mode.

Yohoho Mode requires fewer vanquishes to activate than other legendary modes, but it doesn't last as long.

On top of that, Most other legendary modes provide speed, health restoration up to 50%, and 50% resistance to damage taken. some also give a damage boost and/or more ammo, depending on the character.

Scallywag Imp's Yohoho Mode only gives him speed, health restoration up to 50%, and 50% resistance to incoming damage. It doesn't provide the Imp any additional damage or anything else.

All it's really good for is the speed. And again, it has a shorter duration than other legendary modes.

Really, the Scallywag Imp has a low damage output, even at close range, where he's intended to be, and his legendary mode doesn't help that in the slightest.

The mech may be cool and all, but the Scallywag itself is an extremely weak character by "legendary" standards.

No, I think I'll stick to my favorite Z7 Imp.

Message 8 of 12 (935 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Superjesse124 i do agree with you superjesse, but for you last sentence, you can't really compare z7, who clearly need a nerf, with scallyswag...

Message 9 of 12 (905 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

All my Imps have a vanquish ratio above 2, except the new one, who struggles to get things done. And not only in competitive multiplayer, also in Ops.

His problem is simply that he is too ineffective at long range, and deals too little damage in close range; That even though he has spread, still requires precise aim. So where is my reward for sneak-jumping in on an unsuspecting enemy at point blank range? And don't even get me started on Yohoho Mode in competitive multiplayer.

Sure he has a wide spread and can hit 4 plants at once, but even that rarely deals any damage to the group and is more of a "INSANE RISK - LOW REWARD" manoeuvre.

There was no problem to give the Z7 Imp a ridiculous amount of damage. So why not this one? Disappointed

Message 10 of 12 (880 Views)