Re: What went wrong with this game?

by TwilightResrcher

Original Post

What went wrong with this game?

★★ Novice

GW1 was played literally forever by people, what made this game go belly up within a few months?
Just bought this yesterday, played around in the backyard a bit(that's seriously pretty awesome, I won't lie.) then tried online 20 different times, figured it was because of the time where I'm at (lol it's 4 in the morning where I'm at) but when I came to the forums, I saw that there's threads dating all the way back to 2 months after launch of people asking where everybody went.

So my question is directed mainly at the community:
I haven't played long enough to see anything wrong with it, so what went wrong with this game? Why did it die within a few months of launch?
Console community's great(I have family who play on One and PS4, they recommended it) but the PC community is empty.

I found one person online after a few minutes of the game hunting down a match, trying to see if I could join another player's game, but they kicked me I guess once they noticed I had joined the match.

I don't mind it being dead, sucks for online, yeah... But I'll talk a friend of mine into getting this to play with me and I don't mind playing against bots, especially since I caught it on sale, so it's not bothering me Party hat

I'm just curious as to what happened, anyone care to elaborate? Thinking

Message 1 of 7 (1,020 Views)

★ Guide

I personally didn't had any issue finding matches for turf takeover for pc anytime (eu server)

Message 2 of 7 (852 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

For pc, I do usually find Turf Takeover games but any other competitive multiplayer game mode, besides the Mystery Portal, is pretty much empty. 

Message 3 of 7 (801 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I noticed games on the east coast being the most difficult to get into a full game. But not enough to say it's not worth it. Try different regions out. You can do that where you access the portal in your backyard. I can't remember what button to press but it says it at the bottom. There's still a large following for this game.
Message 4 of 7 (774 Views)

★ Apprentice

Fair to say the game is more aimed at type of folks who play on console? I have it on PS4, and it's not really a problem to find players, but many of them seem to be tweens. 

Message 5 of 7 (753 Views)

★ Novice

i am having same issue no one is oline for any kind of match... *

Message 6 of 7 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

That's the problem though. It's ONLY Turf Takeover on PC for GW2. That seems a bit redundant considering you have all these game modes and only one is regularly played. That seems horribly backwards to me. I'll bet for a fact that it's due to PC players moving on because you can get into a game at any time on the console versions of GW1 and GW2, but on PC, it's just Turf Takeover only. It's complete balarky and it spoils the total experience to be stuck with only one multiplayer game mode. 

Message 7 of 7 (578 Views)