PVZ GW Xbox 360: Where's the split screen co-op?

by lupinlady

Original Post

PVZ GW Xbox 360: Where's the split screen co-op?

★★★ Newbie
I do not understand the reasoning behind offering a split screen co-op on Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare for Xbox One owners only. That is a feature everyone should have access to. Sure give them elite weaponry upgrades or even a bonus character or two but to completely short change the 360 owners on a major game feature is low, even for you EA. If you are going to offer it, do it across the board, if not then make it a consistent no and own it like you plan to do in Titanfall. But don't leave us 360 folk feeling like second class citizens left out of the group. We are still here, still buying your games, we're just part of the 99% that can't afford to go right out and get the new next gen consoles right off the bat. Please consider offering it as an upgrade in the future-which I would gladly buy in case you were wondering. Great game, but I'd like it a lot more if it didn't feel like I got ripped off.
Message 1 of 5 (11,735 Views)

Re: PVZ GW Xbox 360: Where's the split screen co-op?

★★ Novice
The console cant handle it. Keep in mind the 360 only has 512mb ddr3 RAM. Split screen requires significantly more processing power and graphical poweras it's displaying double.
When a game is only having one player, to save on processing quality on models and textures can be reduced. So when youre on one side of the map, the other side has degraded quality. On split screen you CANNOT do this as you can have players on both sides of the map.

X1 can do this as it has far more power. 8gb RAM running at 2100MHz vs 512mb running at 700MHz. So in just RAM alone, 360 has 1/16th the RAM which on top of it all runs at 1/3 the speed too.
This is JUST the RAM. Tons ofother variables. Frostbite engine is powerful, as it is, it's pushing the 360 to run the game for one player. 2 isnt possible, the power just isnt there.

360 wasnt short changed. It was $10 cheaper than the X1 version. So they did warrant the removed features with price.
Message 2 of 5 (11,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie
That is sad. Maybe I'm just not as graphic focused for a game like PVZ. Game play is way more important to me than a pretty game. I would have been happy with a 360 version that maybe didn't look as nice but had more features, I guess I'm the oddball int that sense. I was just sad because I played it on my friend's One, went out bought it immediately only to find out that my boyfriend and I couldn't play it together. Thanks for the answer it makes sense, sorry for my angry rant, it's just hard being left in the dust when new systems come out.
Message 3 of 5 (11,624 Views)

★★★ Novice

@lupinlady wrote:
That is sad. Maybe I'm just not as graphic focused for a game like PVZ. Game play is way more important to me than a pretty game. I would have been happy with a 360 version that maybe didn't look as nice but had more features, I guess I'm the oddball int that sense.

I agree with you here. There has been too much hype about graphics lately with the new consoles releasing. I prefer content, but at the same time, with every new console comes better graphics, whether or not we want them. This gives players a better gaming experience for every new console.

The big thing is, you shouldn't expect a new game that is designed for next gen consoles to have all the features for older systems. That kind of expectation is what upsets so many players like yourself who either couldn't afford or chose not to buy the new console.

It's like trying to run a new program for Windows 7 on a Windows 98. Just not enough... everything. It brings everyone to the point where they have to ask themselves, "Should I upgrade?" Even if you don't have problems with the console you are on now, consider the games you want to play in the future.

Save up! Standard smile The Xbox One is worth it. My husband and I saved our money for a good long while. From when it was announced to when it was released, we set aside money for it (so that's what, 6 months?).

Message 4 of 5 (11,573 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How come the 360 used to be able to run split screen, but not anymore? Shouldnt they just keep the same frostbite engine, along with they're original xbox 360 split screen?

Message 5 of 5 (8,123 Views)