How to manually connect a PSN Subaccount to newly created EA/Origin account?

by awesomedude818

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to manually connect a PSN Subaccount to newly created EA/Origin account?

★★★ Newbie

I have not seen any recent posts (as of 09/20/2015) regarding this issue and it appears that older posts with solutions to this issue no longer apply since the manner in which accounts are accessed online have been changed (i.e. can no longer log into EA/Origin account online via PC connection with your PSN account.)

PS4 users have option to create sub-accounts for kids in order to keep them away from mature content.  I have adjusted all of the internal setting of the PS4 that should allow this sub-account to play games rated "E10+".  We are having an issue trying to connect with a newly created EA account.  The new EA account is not displaying that is has any "Connected Accounts".  Directions indicate that as soon as you log in with your PS4 with the user that is set up as a sub-account that they should automatically connect.

This is not the case as after having done so, our EA/Origin account is showing there are no "Connected Accounts".

There is no known way for me to manually connect these two accounts either through the PS4 or online through our EA/Origin account. 

There also appears to be no way to call and or chat live with some form of consumer support as I am redirected back to this forum board.  I need someone from customer support to contact me and assist with manually linking these two accounts.

Message 1 of 54 (102,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to manually connect a PSN Subaccount to newly created EA/Origin account?

★★★ Newbie

Found this which does allow me to connect the two accounts via a PC application:

How do I link my Origin Account to my PSN Online ID or Gamertag?

Once you've confirmed your Origin account email address, you should see if it matches the email address you use for your other accounts. If it matches, all you need to do is sign into your game on PSN or Xbox Live. Origin will match up your email addresses and take care of the rest.

Note for Next Gen Consoles: Your gamertag or PSN Online ID carries over from Xbox 360/PS3 to Xbox One/PS4. If you have played any EA game on the last generation of consoles, please make sure you find and use that same account when you play on next gen.

If your Origin Account email address doesn't match your PSN or Xbox email, you can connect them using the steps below:

1. Open the Origin client and click the Friends button, then Add a Friend. If you do not have the Origin client installed, you can Download for both PC and Mac.
  2. In the Import Friends menu, you can choose to "connect" your Xbox LIVE, PSN, and EA accounts. Simply sign in with your account details to connect.

If you have issues connecting your account, you will need to properly link them by contacting an EA Advisor.

View in thread

Message 2 of 54 (128,683 Views)

All Replies

Re: How to manually connect a PSN Subaccount to newly created EA/Origin account?

★★★ Newbie

Found this which does allow me to connect the two accounts via a PC application:

How do I link my Origin Account to my PSN Online ID or Gamertag?

Once you've confirmed your Origin account email address, you should see if it matches the email address you use for your other accounts. If it matches, all you need to do is sign into your game on PSN or Xbox Live. Origin will match up your email addresses and take care of the rest.

Note for Next Gen Consoles: Your gamertag or PSN Online ID carries over from Xbox 360/PS3 to Xbox One/PS4. If you have played any EA game on the last generation of consoles, please make sure you find and use that same account when you play on next gen.

If your Origin Account email address doesn't match your PSN or Xbox email, you can connect them using the steps below:

1. Open the Origin client and click the Friends button, then Add a Friend. If you do not have the Origin client installed, you can Download for both PC and Mac.
  2. In the Import Friends menu, you can choose to "connect" your Xbox LIVE, PSN, and EA accounts. Simply sign in with your account details to connect.

If you have issues connecting your account, you will need to properly link them by contacting an EA Advisor.

Message 2 of 54 (128,684 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This didn't work for me
Message 3 of 54 (101,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Worked here.

Message 4 of 54 (99,954 Views)

★ Apprentice

didn't work for me either.  I'm considering dropping the PS Plus for good if this gets too complicated.  They've got to make this more user friendly.  I have crying kids here!

Message 5 of 54 (99,028 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It appears they have since "updated" the app and removed this function.  Do you know of another way to manually force the two accounts to connect? Playing EA games on the PS4 does not connect them for me.

Message 6 of 54 (97,923 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here.  I created an Origin account for my son specifically so that his sub account could connect to it using the same e-mail.  but when I try to connect, it says it's not working at this time.

The sub account and origin accounts have the same email and the sub account age is over 13...so not sure why this isn't working!

Message 7 of 54 (96,999 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Did anyone ever figure this out? I'm having the same issues.
Message 8 of 54 (96,579 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @mikemast1726,

The email adress linked to the PSN account must match the email address used on Origin. 

You'll find all the information here.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Message 9 of 54 (96,428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This does not work for PSN sub-accounts.  When connecting with EA/Origin the Master email login info is sent instead of the sub accounts EA/Origin email login info.  The option to connect via the Origin account is no longer there.  

Message 10 of 54 (96,121 Views)