Expanding on Sept. Blog

by EA_Elryn

Original Post

Expanding on Sept. Blog

EA Community Manager

Following this morning’s News from Neighborville Blog, I wanted to provide some additional details regarding the future of BFN below. While not everything, the topics below will answer the biggest questions I expect you to have. We will have more information regarding the balance and final update as the month goes on. 

Summary:

Battle for Neighborville’s final new gameplay update will be at the end of September, but the game lives on. Festivals will continue to change month to month following the same festival schedule as before i.e. October will be Lawn of Doom (Players will retain their previous progress). 

Changes Live Today:

• Daily Challenges - Daily challenges will now reward 2 prize bulbs instead of 1. This has been implemented today. 
  • Battle Arena Ranked - Battle Arena Ranked has been removed and reverted to the non ranked Battle Arena playlist.

We will be providing more information on the following items at the end of the month:

• Game Balance
    • The team will continue to collect and evaluate both quantitative and qualitative feedback regarding character balance. This includes the balance changes to the AI bots. 
  • Bugs 
    • The team is working on resolving any major bugs/exploits that remain in the game. 
  • Trello Board
    • With the final update at the end of September we will be closing out the Trello board. 

I know that these won't be the only questions that come up, but I wanted to make sure that these were answered officially and promptly. We will have more specifics on the end of month update in the coming weeks. 

This announcement may change as we listen to community feedback and continue developing and evolving our Live Service & Content.  We will always strive to keep our community as informed as possible. For more information, please refer to EA’s Online Service Updates at https://www.ea.com/service-updates.

Message 1 of 129 (4,854 Views)

Re: Expanding on Sept. Blog

★★ Apprentice

Please continue bfn, all of us have been wanting this game to go on for years. We all truly want the game to thrive. Ending it all now would be the worst for all of us. Please can you guys think about maybe continuing for another few years, maybe with a different mind-set if thats not too much to ask? Been here since founders and would hate to see it go so quickly.

Message 2 of 129 (4,759 Views)

★★ Pro
@EA_Elryn Does this mean we won't get more characters/maps in the future? That's really sad.
Message 3 of 129 (4,702 Views)

★★ Guide

"The final new gameplay update"? What do you mean by that?? 

Are you guys giving up on bfn?

Message 4 of 129 (4,674 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Wow...... kind of felt like I was still waiting for things to get started.  This is disheartening. 

Message 5 of 129 (4,681 Views)

★ Pro

I really hope that it's just a sneaky #Repairville 

Message 6 of 129 (4,661 Views)

>As the leaves start to change, September’s Fall Festival will be our last Festival and our final game and gameplay update will be at the end of the month.

>final new gameplay update will be at the end of September, but the game lives on.

Unbelievable. Will there be no new upgrades and new characters?

Message 7 of 129 (4,616 Views)

★★ Expert
@CharlesHlcBendel No, only just the rerun of old prize maps. BFN is ending, just how GW2 support ended. Kinda confirms no more pvz shooters, considering the bad reception of this one ;(
Message 8 of 129 (4,612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EA_ElrynI'm super upset with this news, now we won't have any more passes and other things, but it will be good news is that we will have time for a better balance.

that the PVZ franchise is not forgotten Frown

Message 9 of 129 (4,611 Views)

★★ Expert
@GutmanSca Nothing now. No Iceberg Lettuce or Berry Brigade. No Repariville, nothing.
Message 10 of 129 (4,590 Views)