Re: KNOWN ISSUES WITH NEW UPDATE - PLEASE POST HERE

by EA_Najat

Original Post

[xbox 360] - Sound issues/audio cuts out

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just bought this game yesterday. Played it today for the first time. The in game sound keeps cutting out for a few seconds then comes back. Keeps happening over and over. Anybody else having this problem? Or know any solution?

Message 1 of 48 (12,518 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is on the PS3. 

When I first got the game. The music would play the enitire time without skipping a song. Now with the recent update(S) The song skips when: Starting a new race, Starting Multi-player, Restarting a race. could we please get it like it used to when it would skip ONLY when we want it to? Sometimes I hear a song for only 15 seconds and I have to restart the race. 

I call this a bug as it never did this before and I liked how it worked when I bought the game. I've posted this on the FB page and I'm pretty sure it got nowhere. 

Message 2 of 48 (12,341 Views)

problem with the music since the 1st update.

★★★★ Novice

As far as I know this only hapened on the PS3 after the 1st update. 

When I first got the game. The music would play the enitire time without skipping a song. Now with the recent update(S) The song skips when: Starting a new race, Starting Multi-player, Restarting a race. could we please get it like it used to when it would skip ONLY when we want it to? Sometimes I hear a song for only 15 seconds and I have to restart the race. 

I call this a bug as it never did this before and I liked how it worked when I bought the game. I've posted this on the FB page and I'm pretty sure it got nowhere. 

is this going to be fixed? 

Message 3 of 48 (12,207 Views)

Re: Nfs most wanted xbox 360 sound issues/audio cuts out

★ Novice
I've been having this problem with all my EA games on the 360 for a long time. I have my xbox going hdmi-surround-tv. But all my other games have no problem with sounds. Even my pc games, including the EA titles, are fine the same way. Just the xbox sound is screwy.
Message 4 of 48 (12,261 Views)

★★ Novice

SOON AS PUT UPDATES ON THE SOUND KEEPS DROPPING OUT OF THE GAME SOUNDS LIKE RECORD SKIPPING,,,, PLEASE FIX AS VERY ANNOYED

Message 5 of 48 (12,269 Views)

★★ Novice

SOMEBODY PLEASE READ THESE POSTS AS IV READ 4 POSTS ABOUT SOUND SKIPPING OR LOSS OF SOUND AFTER DOING THE UPDATES AND  NO ONE FROM ELECTRONIC ARTS AS EVEN REPLIED WHY ???

US GUYS PAY YOUR WAGES BY BUYING THESE GAMES WE EXPECT BUGS TO BE FIXED WHEN YOU AS FOR KNOWN ISSUES.....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP US !!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 48 (12,268 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone,

I have merged here in a single discussion thread the recent reports regarding sound issues.

Can you please provide more information for the team please?

Information such as the platform and when/where sound issues occur would be helpful (during events/ races...)

Please add all details you think are relevant.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 48 (12,167 Views)

★ Novice
Xbox 360 (latest version) connected to an LG surround sound receiver with HDMI in and HDMI out connected to Insignia LED HDTV. The sound will go out for about a second during racing. The receiver keeps flashing the sound mode when it happens. As in can't decide if it wants to be in 2.0 or 5.1. I've even tried connecting my xbox directly to the tv via HDMI and to the surround sound receiver with optical cable, still had the same problems. And I have noticed it happening a LOT more frequent with the latest update. Enough to make me not want to play any EA games until this issue gets resolved, because it has happened with all the EA games I've played so far.
Message 8 of 48 (12,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Same issue here.

The issue seems to occur during heavy load, e.g. when a lot is happening at once. The sound completely cuts out and seems to stutter.

Xbox 360, sound is output via optical cable to Sony DAV260 Surround Sound system.
Message 9 of 48 (12,119 Views)

Re: [xbox 360] - Sound issues/audio cuts out

★★★ Novice

i have  my xbox 360s connected to a yamaha 3020 receiver with hdmi 1.4 (the issue is also present when a optical cable is used), have also tested it on a nad  receiver. The sound cuts out at random momments but often when alot is happening on screen, on the receiver display decoder off is shown for 0,5-1 seconds and then sound is back, if i play the game without hdd or usb memory present the game runs flawlessly 

Message 10 of 48 (12,077 Views)