Missing Force Feedback settings, so NO feel of oversteer / understeer - steering wheels

by captaincofresi

Original Post

Highlighted

Missing Force Feedback settings, so NO feel of oversteer / understeer - steering wheels

★ Apprentice

Since the IDEA section is just a big container and not sorted by game, I'll post it here. I am using a Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel on the PC.

And compared to Burnout Paradise, in this game I feel like I am driving TOY cars. There is absolutely no feel of understeer / oversteer. And you can't even setup your Force Feedback device, for deadzone / force feedback ammount.

So the gameplay is the worst of the worst, can't even let my steering wheel slide through my hand to straighten out the car. Wich is very normal to do. It just doesn't feel like racing at all!

So I suggest to add Force Feedback settings in a next patch in de ideas section:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Support-Community-Idea-Exchange/Need-for-speed-Most-Wanted-2012-Extended-Fo...

Does anyone experiences similar problems with this game???

Message 1 of 18 (8,748 Views)

Re: Missing Force Feedback settings, so NO feel of oversteer / understeer - steering wheels

★ Apprentice

I feel the same way. I've nevered played Burnout Paradise but I can tell that there is zero force feedback on this game. On NFS Undercover for my Wii I have the logitech force feedback wheel and I had a driving experience a zillion times more realistic than this despite the god awful graphics.

Message 2 of 18 (8,708 Views)

Re: Missing Force Feedback settings, so NO feel of oversteer / understeer - steering wheels

★ Apprentice

Even after the second patch (that seems to have fix the FPS drops on my PC) there is still a feel of driving toy cars around. These "official licenced cars" feel like crap. The handling of the cars: Porsche, Maserati, BMW, Jaguar, Nissan, Ford, Lamborghini (should I go on?) is really terrible. Just worst of the worst handling of these cars. This is now becoming an anti-commercial for all these racing car brands: wouldn't want any of these cars in real life if they handle like this!

Waiting for a third patch, and hoping EA / Criterion / Origin also communicate about the updates! Since they didn't with the second patch. And I just watch this site to see if there is anything new. Untill then the game is just "shelved" , so c'mon you guys finish this racing game sometime this year please ???

Message 3 of 18 (8,664 Views)

★ Guide

Yup , wheel support is plain S***Y

> while I have good time driving with my XBOX gamepad , there's no point to use wheel , because there's no rumble or force feedback or anything there ,so there's really no felling at all when driving with wheel   [thus game description on XBL describing game as it is supporting full force feedback ???wtf]

I've complained @ first , but now I got over and I just enjoy game playing with gamepad  [ but still waiting for possible ff update]

Message 4 of 18 (8,628 Views)

★ Apprentice

On the PC there seems to be very little force feedback, just enough to straighten the car when I let the wheel slide through my fingers. As a normal car should. But to drive it is just impossible, I now need to listen to the fraggin' tire squeal to get any idea of oversteer / understeer. Or watch the smoke coming from the tires.

And it helps to have a desk to mount my steering wheel on, so I am quite used to driving games that DO support proper use of steering wheels. Including force feedback. Did try the gamepad, for me that just doesn't work.

It's just misleading to put "steering wheel" on the back of the box as a proper input device, because it's absolutely NOT. Can't believe EA / Criterion screwed this up so badly. Since they showed they can do it right: Burnout Paradise, but they just don't in this game.

Patch needed to add force feedback for steering wheels!!!!

Message 5 of 18 (8,605 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same problem on ps3 but i found a work around, although this method restores the ffb to the wheel we still dont have control over how much ffb to use since there's no option for it in the game. Here's what i do each time i start the game.

I connect my G25 and start the game after going through all the loading screen and reaching single player mode, I hold the ps button on the DS3 and scroll down to controller settings and switch the player number of the pad to that of the wheel then back again to as it was, after you'll have full ffb on the wheel.
Message 6 of 18 (8,554 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sounds like a good workaround for the PS3.

On the PC the complete lack of Force Feedback is still a major issue, I at least didn't get my money's worth. EA & Criterion just misled me completely by adding "Steering Wheel" to the supported controllers. It's a complet hoax. Too bad a PC game can't be returned, due to this fact I am really starting to hate EA / Criterion for releasing such a crappy game.

Message 7 of 18 (8,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seriously why the hell isn't this fixed by now? There's almost zero ffb with my driving force gt wheel which is a total bag of crap. That doesn't even mention the fact there were ZERO default bindings for my wheel...Do the devs of this game only use a controller or something? This is really horrid support for this game. Add some proper wheel support here devs!

Message 8 of 18 (8,440 Views)

★ Novice

In case this helps someone else. I had trouble at first in Windows 8 with the default driver whereby the game seemed to work, but the accelerator wasn't registering a full press, so I couldn't ever finsh in the top 3.  Installing the Logitech driver and NOT selecting 'force combined pedals' seemed to fix that.

That said, I do miss the force feedback and don't understand why it is absent.  The last NFS game I bought (The Run, and on the same engine!)  had good force feedback support, as did Shift and Shift 2.  The last game I bought from Criterion, Burnout Paradise, also had passable force feeback, if I recall.  As an EA developer with past FF experience, can Criterion not just ask for the dang libraries they used in The Run and roll with it?  I tried playing with a controller, but I'm from the pre-controller generation, and I just suck with it - it isn't fun for me.  I like the look and feel of the game otherwise - how about some love for the wheel using PC folks?

Message 9 of 18 (8,361 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have just sent an e-mail to a support-expert of EA, just hope they can clarify this. And just go plan for a patch to add force feedback. It shouldn't be that hard I suppose. Since I also read that on the PS3, you can first connect a normal controller and name it "controller 1" and then switch to steering wheel and name that "controller 1" , and you will have full force feedback.

I will keep you all posted on the response I will get from EA / Origin. Let's see if they are going to totally wreck their reputation even further or not?

To be continued...

Message 10 of 18 (8,330 Views)
Twitter Stream