Re: Anti Aliasing for PC Version!

by SCHUMI4EVER

Original Post

Anti Aliasing for PC Version!

★★ Novice

Hi,

Is there a way to enable AA on the PC version? The game seems not optimized for PC!

Forcing AA from Nvidia Control Panel doesn't seem to be working.

Message 1 of 9 (17,174 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You should try SweetFX. It looks good.

You can't force AA with Nvidia Control Panel.

Message 2 of 9 (17,053 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Try, if your PC is strong enough, "-Render.ResolutionScale" 1.5 in the command line without the ".  It doubles the rendered Resolution. If your PC is strong enough you can even try 2.0 instead of 1.5. That makes the missing AA much better.

Message 3 of 9 (17,047 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Awesome, now that stupid 30 FPS is no longer just a bunch of dots moving in slow unison almost like NFS-2SE and the GTX780 is getting something resembling an actual gaming workload. And the game looks a little more like I was expecting it to. Doing this is even better than the 60 FPS hack.

Message 4 of 9 (17,032 Views)

★ Pro

@Chaz0r wrote:

Try, if your PC is strong enough, "-Render.ResolutionScale" 1.5 in the command line without the ".  It doubles the rendered Resolution. If your PC is strong enough you can even try 2.0 instead of 1.5. That makes the missing AA much better.

@Really cool, will try this out tonight. got an evga gtx 780 classified oc:ed to 1280mhz, been sitting at 2d clocks playing rivals @ 30fps *facepalm*

Message 5 of 9 (17,016 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh for fudge's sake!!!!!

This game is freaking unfixable. Game looks close to glorious at 2.0 and even 1.5, more the way I expected it to based on the vids, BUT both of those break event markers and cause other occasional UI glitches (missing player bars upon resolution change in-session and who knows what else)...or rather they don't break them...they just make them float in the air practically invisible...

Not that much a problem...most of the time, unless you're doing a Rapid Response or Time Trial ...because you're then completely dependant on the mini-map...well whatever of it you can take in weaving through traffic at high-speed anyways...

So now I have a choice between doing Time Trials and Rapid Responses propperly and careening straight into whatever low-res pixealated to hell and thus barely visisble traffic just spawned 10m in front of me (which I can miss most of the time at the sharper smoother higher scaling)......

Message 6 of 9 (16,928 Views)

★★★ Novice

**bleep**ed i have a big problem in this game .where are you EA ?

Message 7 of 9 (16,159 Views)

★ Guide

@SCHUMI4EVER wrote:

Oh for fudge's sake!!!!!

This game is freaking unfixable. Game looks close to glorious at 2.0 and even 1.5, more the way I expected it to based on the vids, BUT both of those break event markers and cause other occasional UI glitches (missing player bars upon resolution change in-session and who knows what else)...or rather they don't break them...they just make them float in the air practically invisible...

Not that much a problem...most of the time, unless you're doing a Rapid Response or Time Trial ...because you're then completely dependant on the mini-map...well whatever of it you can take in weaving through traffic at high-speed anyways...

So now I have a choice between doing Time Trials and Rapid Responses propperly and careening straight into whatever low-res pixealated to hell and thus barely visisble traffic just spawned 10m in front of me (which I can miss most of the time at the sharper smoother higher scaling)......

Yep, this game is such a fustercluck. I can't believe how bad it looks without resorting to that command line argument. Then, as you pointed out, it breaks so many other things that it's tough to choose which way to play it. 30fps with the chunky, pixelated graphics kills my eyes and gives me a headache. Reminds me of The Run (also used Frostbite). Ghost has their work cut out for them if they plan on making Frostbite work properly for racing games.

Message 8 of 9 (16,143 Views)

★ Guide

@Chaz0r wrote:

Thanks man, I beat the game half a year ago, but I added "-Render.ResolutionScale" 2.0 in the command line and the game looks absolutely stunning without the awful jaggies, I think Iam going to play through the whole game again, THANKS MAN !!!

Message 9 of 9 (12,473 Views)