Re: Mass Effect Keeps Minimizing

by holger1405

Original Post

Mass Effect Keeps Minimizing

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to play Mass Effect and it keeps minimizing the screen to the taskbar and when I click it it wont open. I am on Windows 10 64 Bit and I dont know how to optimize it. My graphics card drivers are up to date for my GeForce GTX 1080. Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 7 (356 Views)

ME1 Minimized to Taskbar

★★★ Newbie

I dont know if this has been answered, but I have ME1 installed from the EA App and every time I try and play it, I open it and it minimizes to the taskbar. Every time I attempt to click on it, the screen goes black then re-minimizes to the bar. I have Win 10 64 Bit with GTX 1080 and they are all working with appropriate updated drivers. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 2 of 7 (365 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Wombratman 

Edit: I moved your second post into this thread. Wich game has this problem, the Original trilogy or the MELE?

It is likely that a background application or notifications forces the game into minimizing.

Disable any background task you have and test.

Did you tried to set the game to full-screen mode?

Another possibility is that if you have a multi-monitor setup, the game will minimise when the mouse leaves the game screen.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 7 (333 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Original Trilogy.

I just tried disabling background tasks and it still minimizes. 

I cant set the game to full screen or anything because it stays minimized in the settings. I keep the mouse in the screen and it minimizes anyway.

Message 4 of 7 (319 Views)

@Wombratman 

So the game minimises to the taskbar on startup?
Is the game shown as running in the task manager?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

Then preform a clean boot and test the Game in clean boot mode.

In clean boot:
- Make sure the "EABackgroundService" remains enabled under point 3 in the guide.
- Make sure your virus scanner and other security software and also Afterburner and similar software is disabled.
- Make sure any CORSAIR software is disable or deinstalled and that your GPU & CPU are not overclocked.
- Make sure only your Mouse and keyboard are connected to the PC

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 5 of 7 (285 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@holger1405 

When the game loads, the screen blacks out, then exits the game screen and stays minimized to the taskbar after loading.

Task Manager shows the game running.

Message 6 of 7 (262 Views)

@Wombratman 

Did you tried the clean boot?

You can find the "MassEffect3Config.exe"  In the ME3 Game Directory inside the "Binaries" folder.
Here you can set the game to full screen before running it. (Save the settings by clicking on the "Mass Effect 3" Tab > Save settings.

Message 7 of 7 (235 Views)