[Old Report] Mass Effect 3 Online Pass Error

by HuntIsBetter

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 3, "Redeem or Purchase Online Pass" Bug

★★ Novice

Hi David,

I'm having the same online error issue. It's been 'resolved' a couple of times now via email support, but hasn't actually been fixed.

So I'm trying to access chat support or call for help, but am not having much luck with either; I can't find a phone number, and when I try to initiate a chat session by entering my details and clicking the 'next' button nothing happens.

Is there a phone number that you can provide to reach EA's help desk / support? They seem to have resolved the issue for others.

Thank you!

Chris

Message 11 of 46 (2,007 Views)

★ Novice

Got in contact by phone, email and chat. Mentioned the fact that I couldn't get online specifically after getting the "DLC Bundle". Mentioned the "Entitlements" steps as well but they couldn't find an Online Pass entitlement or anything. They mentioned that couldn't find any issue about an Online Pass at all

I'm pretty sure there is no way to fix this problem whatsoever.

Message 12 of 46 (1,957 Views)

@PalaceoftheSoul 

International Telephone numbers:

UK: +44 203 0141818
France:  +33 4 81 68 08 08
Spain: +34 911 230 490
Germany +49 221 3705 0193
Austria: +43 720  88 33 49
Mexico: +52 33 4770 5297
Norwegian:  +47 21 08 17 06
Dutch: +31 20 80 83 219
Swiss  +41 225 18 10 05
Poland +48 22 39 70 840

But I recommand trying EAs Support on Twitter, or on  Facebook.

@Tropa101 

It gets fixed all the time. as said above, try  EAs Support on Twitter, or on  Facebook.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 13 of 46 (1,936 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi all, 

I also have this exact same issue. 

Mass Effect™ 3 N7 Digital Deluxe Edition purchased through Origin back in 2012. 

My Origin Account also shows: Mass Effect™ 3 (2012) with a different CD Key in Origin. 

clicked on the Mass Effect™ 3 DLC Bundle to add to my Origin account this year as it seemed to add the Collector Edition rewards. 

Since adding the Mass Effect™ 3 DLC Bundle I've not been able to login and play Multiplayer and I see the "Redeem/Purchase Online Pass" in the main menu. 

EA Support on chat hasn't been able to "fix" my account so far... I've quoted this post and "Mass Effect 3 - Entitlements" steps 

Message 14 of 46 (1,882 Views)

★ Guide

I had the exact same issue. I was able to reach someone at EA Help on Facebook Messenger, and they finally deactivated the copy I had and gave me a different version of the game, which resolved the issue. Took a while, but shout out to Jen and Isaac! 

Message 15 of 46 (1,682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

SOLVED

After 2 months, 3 online ticket submissions, 1 online chat session, 2 contacts via Twitter, I finally contacted the EA Helpdesk by phone.

Pradeep R. lead me through the usual steps; clearing the cache, stopping non-MS services that may be causing conflicts, etc, which took about 30 minutes. In the end he fixed the problem by replacing the previous code that didn't work by 'granting the game again'.

What I think that means is that he gave me a new copy of ME3 Standard Edition (2012).

No re-installation was required. The game loaded smoothly into multiplayer, and all of my characters and gear were still there.

The number I called is:

+866 419 5766 (available 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. UTC)

I pressed '4' for 'account issues'

So the issue is fixable. Good luck!

Message 16 of 46 (1,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just came across this myself i linked this thread in my report

Message 17 of 46 (1,552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_David 

hi David, I am having the same issue, I called tech suppost and the guy was very unhelpful and did not at all understand the problem.

how can I get this fixed?

the odd thing is I installed the game last night and i didnt have this issue until this morning.

Message 18 of 46 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Considering how long that this has been an issue, I wonder what's stopping Bioware from remastering Mass Effect 3's multiplayer component as a standalone application that's free for Legendary Edition owners, or $15 when purchased separately. And I think to save a bunch of people from the headache's we're having right now, it would likely be best for a re-release of ME3 multiplayer to use the Steamworks API rather than EA's own backend. I know that'd mean that people who bought ME Legendary Edition on EA's own store or the Epic Games Launcher would need to activate a Steam CD key, but I think that'd be better than having a repeat of this issue.

Message 19 of 46 (1,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue and despite referencing the Entitlements process the ticket is clarified as "No fix available" despite it not being solved. 

Message 20 of 46 (1,160 Views)