Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC Bundle

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Mass Effect 2 DLC Bundle

★★★ Newbie

I bought the Mass Effect 2 DLC Bundle on Origin, downloaded everything, and opened the game. However, at the menu I get a message saying "unable to authorize the listed DLC. Please log into Cerberus Network with the account used to purchase the DLC." Followed by a list of every DLC etc. Included in the pack (not just the Cerberus Network stuff). 

As Cerberus Network is no longer a thing, I tried repairing the game and that didn't help. Double checked that everything was installed as well and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 12 (3,240 Views)

Hero

This is an account related issue. You'll have to contact official support.

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 12 (3,207 Views)

@avalontierce wrote:

As Cerberus Network is no longer a thing, I tried repairing the game and that didn't help. Double checked that everything was installed as well and still nothing.

You are logged on to the Cerberus Network in game?
Do you use any mods?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 12 (3,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you go through the support page it literally tells you to ask here for support

Message 4 of 12 (3,134 Views)

Hero

@toddyt1 wrote:

If you go through the support page it literally tells you to ask here for support

It's probably so staff doesn't get too many requests. This forum is player-to-player, but we can only post workarounds and link to known solutions. When someone has an account issue, someone from EA will have to look at it.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 12 (3,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. I had a full contact package with all three games, went back to play ME2 and everything is gone. I just spoke to a EA representative not 3mins ago and they said there is noting they can do. "Cerberus Network" is no longer supported and taken down from the bioware netowrok because the game is too old. Which means your game will work. But any DLC you have will be unassailable until they make a downloadable patch, or update link sometime in the future. Which sometimes happens for older games. 

Other than that the EA repressive Julius said there was noting else they could do for me other than to send me to this chat page to see if anyone else has figured it out. 

Message 6 of 12 (3,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it is not an account issue. This was verified by EA representatives. the "Cerberus Network" has been removed and no longer supported due to the age of the game. And without it no DLC will be able to work. The only thing that could be done was to wait for an "old game patch update" in the futre. And that is all they had to say about it. 

Message 7 of 12 (3,124 Views)

@toxicbelle 

I don't know what the Support Rep told you exactly, but the Cerberus network is up and running.

There are several possible problems here and an account issue is just one of them. 

The Cerberus network login does not like special characters in the password. A connections issue is possible as well. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 12 (3,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem.  When you start the game you have the terminal on the left that says resume, new game, load game, etc.  On the right there's a "Cerberus Network" strip and a button that says "connect."  Click that and it asks for the email address and password associated with Origen.  Enter those and it'll log you into the Cerberus Network (whatever that is).  All your DLC content will appear in-game.

Message 9 of 12 (3,105 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @toxicbelle

Do you have a case number from when you were speaking with EA Help? If so, would you mind sending it to me in a direct message? 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 12 (3,093 Views)