MASS EFFECT BRING DOWN THE SKY and Pinnacle Station for free? - NO KEY NEEDED

by hermionepao

Original Post

Re: MASS EFFECT BRING DOWN THE SKY key for free?

★★★ Newbie

Are there still any known errors with this installation?  I have Mass Effect installed and Origin open and I still get an error message saying Mass Effect is not found.

Message 61 of 110 (5,142 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Guitarsnake05

Your issue is not really related to the issue in this thread.

I would suggest to open a new thread with a description how you installed ME1 and the exact error massage you received.

Also, create a DxDiag and post it with your thread opener.  You can do that  with the button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 62 of 110 (5,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How is it not related? Every post in this thread is about issues downloading and installing the expansion.
Message 63 of 110 (5,120 Views)

@Guitarsnake05

Sorry, misread your post.

Move the "MassEffect_BDtS_EFIGS.exe" to your ME1 Game folder and run the exe there as an Administrator.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 64 of 110 (5,113 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've got the Steam version of Mass Effect 1. Downloaded BDtS without problems but when I tried to install it said "CD Key Not Found, Run Mass Effect in Steam at least once to verify and then try again." I did several times and it still gives me the same message. Downloaded Pinnacle Station through Origin and got the same problem.

Message 65 of 110 (5,039 Views)

@Pred50

Did you downloaded this version of BDtS?

Did you moved the install exe to your game directory and did you run it as an admin?

Message 66 of 110 (5,028 Views)

★★★ Novice

Which game directory? The one for Steam or Mass Effect itself?

Message 67 of 110 (5,013 Views)

mass effect 1 dlc bring down the sky won't install

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have installed Mass Effect 1 through steam and downloaded the 'Bring Down the Sky' DLC file that can be found on both the EA and Steam support pages. When i attempt to install the DLC, it gives me the error code 'mass effect CD key code not found', and says i need to start the game through Steam at least once first to register the CD key code, which i have already done. i have tried reinstalling the game, re-downloading the DLC file (even from different sources) and have started the game both though steam and through the desktop shortcut, i have also gone as far as to actually start a new game to see if that would finish the CD key registration process. I know the DLC can work on my computer as it was installed and working fine a few months ago, before i uninstalled the game to temporarily make space for another game (yes, there is currently more than enough space to install it). Has anyone seen this issue before, any help would be appreciated, Thank you.

Message 68 of 110 (5,013 Views)

@Pred50

The Mass Effect folder.

Message 69 of 110 (5,002 Views)

Re: mass effect 1 dlc bring down the sky won't install

[ Edited ]
Hero

@greyrazur I have moved your post into this thread which is dedicated to this issue. Please take a look through the thread, especially the recent posts by @holger1405, if you follow the instructions given and still can't get it to work please come back and let us know. Thanks Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 70 of 110 (5,459 Views)