Game Crash in Sanctuary Tower

by Unskya

Original Post

Re: Game Crash in Sanctuary Tower

@raoenema

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the game you have trouble with.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 11 of 22 (2,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks  that work great 

Message 12 of 22 (2,338 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Really simple fix for this, after doing all the other stuff that didnt work, including repairing game, restarting mission, changing settings, etc.

Go into 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32

Find the MassEffect3.exe and create a shortcut. 

Right click on the shortcut icon, then go to properties.

Go to the end of target and paste " -nomoviestartup" without the quotes. 

Make sure there is a space between the end quote currently in target and the -.

Get through that room, save, then reload your game from Origin or wherever your original exe was instead of the shortcut. 

Message 13 of 22 (1,917 Views)

★ Apprentice

Seems a buggy level on WiiU aswell, last night I got past that section, got in the lift to go to the top of the tower, but it didnt go all the way up, I opened the door at the top and fell into oblivion... when the game unfroze I was back on the floor below, but the map didnt line up and I could open no doors 🦧 will restart level and try again 😅

Message 14 of 22 (1,827 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's incredible this still happens. Set the quality and everything to very low and restarted the mission from scratch. Blitzed into the room with enemies and it didn't crash. EA might be worse than Bethesda when it comes to crashes.

Message 15 of 22 (1,672 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yep, this does the work. Thanks.

Message 16 of 22 (1,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2020 and still crashing in the tower hall. Good stuff. At least the remaster is coming soon. 

Message 17 of 22 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

3 1/2 years later.
This is still a thing.

It will never, ever be fixed.

Can't wait to see what horrors await the 4K version coming out in a couple of months.

Message 18 of 22 (1,154 Views)

★★★★ Novice

there is no way they will fix these type of issues in the "re master"! Still have crashes in Lair of the Shadowbroker, Kasumi loyalty mission, etc

Message 19 of 22 (1,024 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@gatoradefurby it will be only second hand knowledge for me-no way I'm blowing $50 on it
Message 20 of 22 (1,023 Views)