Re: Madden 21 franchise mode game crashes after trying to end game

by ElCapitan0325

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey, everyone.

Just got back from the holidays and was able to track down the progress on this. It looks like they're going to get this address in a future update as they've been able to find out the root cause. With the extensive testing that needs to be done to ensure a fix doesn't cause other things to unexpectedly break, it doesn't look like this is planned for a near upcoming title update though, so we must ask you to bear with us for a bit longer on this. This is painful for me to relay to you as you've already been experiencing this for too long and for some players, more than once as it happened earlier at launch. As a Madden player for decades myself, I know Franchise is a huge mode for the game and in many cases the only one many players dedicate their time into.

I know this news wasn't ideal or what you were expecting, but I want to make sure you are given proper expectations. When we are able to confirm an exact/estimated date, we will let you know here ASAP. I have seen cases in the past where a scheduled fix was pushed up earlier than expected due to the team being able to successfully complete tasks they had on their pipeline earlier than expected, so if there is any changes we'll update you here throughout the month. 

Blueberry.png
Message 361 of 489 (1,213 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry Thank you for the update. I appreciate you letting us know, and I understand the timing could not be any less ideal with the holidays and time off etc. Is there anything the community can do to help, assist, test whatever to help, besides waiting for the next update or patch?
Message 362 of 489 (1,198 Views)

Community Manager

@Oamsxd wrote:

Not sure if this will help anyone but it works for me, my situation Is I'm a FS in my franchise mode and after each game, try to exit, and it blue screens. I've been messing around and I've yet to blue screen after doing this. Usually,when you pick a certain player for a certain position in franchise you are only the field when that player is on the field and only control that player, I believe that's messing with the simulation and causing the blue screen. What I did was turn on Full On-Field Control in the league settings and It seems to work for me. It controls the whole team but a quick fix I found was to just tap on "play all offense" or "play all defense" depending on your position. From there you just have to switch onto your player and double-tap the left stick and it's just like you are controlling them. You have to do it every play but It's easy to get used to, I'm just happy I'm able to play a game, hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing what helped you from your personal experience, @Oamsxd 

@dannerparty1 

Sharing workaround fixes is helpful. At this point the dev team should have everything they need to address this, so account examples aren't needed at the moment. Workaround fixes may or may not always work for everyone, but giving each other any insight on what can help progress their Franchise is always encouraged. We're all in this huddle together.

Blueberry.png
Message 363 of 489 (1,184 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Like many of you, I've been super frustrated with this situation.  To have it solved and then unsolved in a matter of weeks has made my experience less than ideal.  I play in a competitive GM league where we watch slow sims of the rosters we have assembled and to have us not be able to complete a game has really soured our experience.  However, i felt like sharing a work-around that has been successful and allows you to save slow sim data at the end of a game.

1. Run your game as you normally would.  Either slow sim or play important moments

2. When you get to the final play or two in the 4th quarter, press the PS button that takes you to the home screen.

3. Hit "options" button and select close application

4. Reopen Madden and head straight for your franchise.  It will ask if you want to resume, select resume.

5. Finish the last play or two on normal or fast speed sim OR play the last play or two.  Do NOT run another play on slow sim.

6. The game will finish and all your stats and results will save.  The only catch is it tricks the CPU to thinking all your points were scored in the 4th quarter.

Obviously, this is not what we should have to do or want to do, but it's the best I've got until EA fixes this again.  Of note, this can really be hard when your game comes down to the last play or heads to overtime.  You'll have to decide how you want to handle those situations.  Hope this helps.

Message 364 of 489 (1,167 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry I can respect that. Thank you.
Message 365 of 489 (1,149 Views)

★★ Novice

I haven’t been able to play my franchise for weeks. Luckily I have a PS5, this better not happen on the next gen! This has been a constant problem all year and it’s never fixed! INEXCUSABLE! You all need to be held accountable, cause this is down right shameful and embarassing! 

Message 366 of 489 (1,257 Views)

★★★ Novice

Another update today and still having the issue. I don't want to give up on this game but they're not leaving me with many choices.

Message 367 of 489 (1,222 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Are people having this issue now that a patch was released? EA is a huge swinger company and all they do all day is pass around each other's wives and husbands. Madden is 100% a dying dead game. It'll be on marketplace next year next to fortnite and warzone. Pathetic company ran by pathetic people who live pathetic lives who created a pathetic game. The NFL is fake as * for letting it continue too. Fire adam gase and fix madden how * hard is it? 

Message 368 of 489 (1,194 Views)

★★ Novice

This is ridiculous. Update and still crashing. Terrible terrible customer service. I hope 2K takes over the NFL license soon.  

Message 369 of 489 (1,185 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m getting extremely nervous about the PS5/ Xbox One release. No gameplay footage + poor leadership of EA + poor game developers = DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN

Message 370 of 489 (1,175 Views)