Re: FIFA 15 PC - Bypass the Launcher

by spank226

Original Post

FIFA 15 PC - Bypass the Launcher

★★ Novice

Is there a command line switch that I can use to have FIFA 15 bypass the options launcher?  I would like to be able to launch the game from Steam Big Picture without the need of keyboard and mouse.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (15,539 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

+1

I would really want to know this.

Message 2 of 11 (15,486 Views)

★ Novice

+1 as well. 

Message 3 of 11 (15,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  1.  Donwload and Install AutoHotkey http://www.autohotkey.com/
  2. Open Notepad and copy this:
    Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 15\fifa15.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 15\
    ;WinWait, FIFA 15, , 30
    WinWait, FIFA 15
    if ErrorLevel
    {
    	MsgBox, WinWait timed out.
    	return
    }
    else
    {
    	WinActivate FIFA 15
    	Send, {Enter}
    	Send, {Alt down}
    	Send, {F4}
    	Send, {Alt up}
    	;Click, 400, 610
    }

3.  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 15\fifa15.exe" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 15\"  are the default paths, change if required
  4. Save as "FIFA 15.ahk"
  5. Right click "FIFA 15.ahk" and click "compile script"
  6. Right click "FIFA 15.exe" properties \ compatibility \ run as administrator
  7. Move "FIFA 15.exe" where you wish
  8. Add "FIFA 15.exe" to Steam and enjoy
Message 4 of 11 (15,425 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi.

I think there is even an easier way to solve that. The launcher needs an ".exe" to launch the game. You just have to search for that ".exe" and add it to Steam, that will let you bypass the launcher.

Hope this will help. Cheers.

Message 5 of 11 (15,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

With the AutoHotkey way you can launch the game from Steam Big Picture without the need of keyboard and mouse

The launcher and the game are in the same .exe

Message 6 of 11 (15,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, thanks for the tip.

Your solution only works half (atleast with me). It doenst skip the annoying fifa launcher itself. I still have to click play. Is there a way to skip the second launcher also?

Message 7 of 11 (14,425 Views)

★★ Novice

this has been an issue for so many time. Its terribly uncomfortable to go through this launcher window evertime, when probably you only use settings once, and the rest just play. Its amazing how EA spends dollars in changing the menus look&Feel every year, but they fail to fix this annoying issue.

Not to mention once started you need to select language (why the hell i need to select language everytime), and then select your player profile ( this is even worst, since there were FIFA versions were you have default profile automatically selected, so now we are worse than before...).

All in all it would be a nice feature to be able to launch the game, and be in main menu instantly (no EA symbol no intro to skip, no language to select, and no profile to select), so we can focus on what we like. 

Worst thing is that most of the times these behaviours are only accesible to developers through file configuration (not  even documented at all), so of course they dont need to go through the hassle of all these silly actions just to test theyre code changes. Unfortunate since the ones paying are the users.

This is why a craker player or a developer have better user experience than proper end user with payed license, quite unfortunate I would say...

Message 8 of 11 (10,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

You can create a shortuct using autoit and au3record.

1. Download and install SciTE4AutoIt3.exe  from https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit-script-editor/downloads/

2. Download and unzip autoit-v3.3.14.0.zip from https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/archive/autoit/autoit-v3.3.14.0.zip (This step is required since Au3Record was removed in later version).

3. After unzip files from step 2 go to extras folder and copy Au3Record folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Extras (or the path where you installed SciTE4Autoit3 (New version)

4. Execute Au3Record.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Extras\Au3Record

a. Select Shrink Window During Record

b. Select Record Window Text

c. In run click on browse button and search for fifa15.exe file

d. click on AutoiT Icon (Above Click to Record) it will execute fifa 15 launcher, then pres tab key 3 times until you see play highlighted.

e. Press space key and after that pres on Autoit Iconn Click to stop

5. At this point game will be launched just exit and return to AU3Record window.

6. Save the AU3 script i.e fifa15auotit.au3 and double click to test it.

7. If you get an error about AU3RecordSetup not found then Right click on file on that file and select edit script

a. Add_ at the beggining of filename, so it will be changed to _AU3RecordSetup

9. Add the fifa15autoit.au3 shortuct to steam and that's it.

Message 9 of 11 (9,895 Views)

★★★ Novice

I Do not have Fifa 15 installed but with Fifa 16 you can and i think it is the same for Fifa 15.

Just do:

-Go to fifasetup folder and open config.ini file

-Write on the first line AUTO_LAUNCH = 1 

-Save

Your game should start without Fifasetup now ;-) 

If you want to change your settings , remove this line.

Enjoy ! ;-)

Message 10 of 11 (9,361 Views)