[PC] - Anthem stuck on 'connecting to online services'

by Mrknock0ut27

Original Post

Re: [PC] - Anthem stuck on 'connecting to online services'

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I bought the LOD version and am experiencing the 'connecting to online services', so there is nothing I can upgrade to fix the issue. I've tried resetting the modem, router, hard reset of xbox, uninstalling/reinstalling the game twice, and port forwarding. I tried to take the game back to gamestop for a refund with no luck. I'm just out $80 and extremely frustrated!

I was able to play on Friday night. My error started after the day one update. I was in free play, flying around the edge of the map. Got stuck, lost sound, game crashed and haven't been able to get past 'connecting to online services.' When game load there are several frame freezes before getting to the startup screen and still no sound.

Message 91 of 167 (1,272 Views)

Error connecting to online services PS4 stock

★★ Novice

When i enter to play anthem he's stock in connecting to online services and dont move please help i off the router and the play but whe have the same problem i do the DMZ and add the portforwarding but nothing

Message 92 of 167 (1,074 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did the cache reset and that fixed the issue with the game not loading and the frame issue . thank you very much dog

Message 93 of 167 (1,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I fixed it! I contacted EA, told them all the steps I did, a lot of them taken from their official page:

• Opened ports.
  • Added DMZ
  • Flushed DNS
  • Reset my modem/router
  • Made sure UPnP was enabled.
  • Disabled IPv6 on my computer.
  • Made sure NAT was active.

Since it was working fine on my cellular phone connection (tethering), they suggested I contact my ISP. My ISP's technician confirmed the port forwarding was set up properly. We enabled everything in the Capabilities (Bitswap, SRA, PhyR, ADSL PTM Mode), but nothing worked.

Finally when I mentioned I had disabled IPv6 on my computer, the technician mentioned it was enabled on my modem. So I removed my WAN connection and set it up again exactly the same (as per my ISP), but disabled IPv6. It worked immediatly!

tl;dr: I disabled IPv6 on my modem's WAN connection settings. It worked! It might need to be disabled on the computer too.

Message 94 of 167 (1,078 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can confirm too.  

Premier early access gave LoD once it expired my account in anthem mismatch sync'd  due to purchasing normal edition.  

So their early access money scheme was not thought out or designed to screw you into upgrading or subscribing.  

Normal EA crap.  I bought this game to see if they screwed me (I avoided EA games for years due to money schemes they operate)

They confirmed again it's all about money screw players 

Low and behold here it is again with no clue or word on fixing it.  

I upgraded but until they fix the issue and desync the account and provide a solution/refund I'm done opening my wallet.   My cosmetic purchases I planned are done due to forced upgrading to play.

How to fix it.  Pay more and subscribe or upgrade or wait for them to unscrew up their money scheme.

Message 95 of 167 (1,198 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Having these same issues, but been able to play apex legends all day with no issues in that game

Message 96 of 167 (1,207 Views)

★ Apprentice

I fixed it! I contacted EA, told them all the steps I did, a lot of them taken from their official page:

• Opened ports.
  • Added DMZ
  • Flushed DNS
  • Reset my modem/router

Since it was working fine on my cellular phone connection (tethering), they suggested I contact my ISP. My ISP's technician confirmed the port forwarding was set up properly. We enabled everything in the Capabilities (Bitswap, SRA, PhyR, ADSL PTM Mode), but nothing worked.

Finally when I mentioned I had disabled IPv6 on my computer, the technician mentioned it was enabled on my modem. So I removed my WAN connection and set it up again exactly the same (as per my ISP), but disabled IPv6. It worked immediatly!

tl;dr: I disabled IPv6 on my modem's WAN connection settings. It worked! It might need to be disabled on the computer too.

Message 97 of 167 (1,086 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

yes, I can't log in in my Xbox either I'm having this issue for the last 2 days, after I installed the patch,  honestly you guys have to test run these things before submitting it to the community, these is the type of things the losses people's trust in you, please update so we know what's going on.  

Note - i have already tried all the suggestions to fix the connections problem. 

Message 98 of 167 (1,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

• Opened ports.
  • Added DMZ
  • Flushed DNS
  • Reset my modem/router

Message 99 of 167 (1,274 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
yes, I can't log in in my Xbox either I'm having this issue for the last 2 days, after I installed the patch,  honestly you guys have to test run these things before submitting it to the community, these is the type of things the losses people's trust in you, please update so we know what's going on.  
Note - i have already tried all the suggestions to fix the connections problem. 
Message 100 of 167 (1,293 Views)