Achievements not working (Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst)

by NyanGirlHD3

Original Post

Re: Achievements not working (Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, it definitively need to be fixed. EA rarely do some interesting games that are not upgraded version of other game from last year, and I guess its really pay off, but sometimes they do some innovative games like Mirrors Edge. And single player game shouldnt be affected that bad by turning of servers, it need to be fixed as it is outrageous what status Mirrors Edge have now. Not only it require EA App, that really should be improved btw, but now dont even work properly as a game. Just fix achievements in the game, that is all. I dont think you will release another Mirrors Edge, even if there lies a huge potential. But at least dont screw up previous games

Message 11 of 96 (1,430 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm really beggin you, EA, to fix up singleplayer achievements. I have a kind of OCD with those things, you literally left me without a proper sleeping.

Message 12 of 96 (1,424 Views)

★★ Novice

It's absurd that sigleplayers' achievements are removed by removing them from the online server, I bought the game and did the achievements online beforehand and left the others to do later, it was an incredible surprise when I started playing today and the achievements didn't appear

Message 13 of 96 (1,420 Views)

★ Apprentice

The best solution would be to reinstate the servers. Thousands are still playing this game. Just bring back the goddamn servers.

Message 14 of 96 (1,419 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there! I was motivated to install the game when you were kind enough to warn us that online servers would be shutdown. That was absolutely appreciated! However, I'm bummed to learn that apparently most achievements broke this weekend due to this? For me, achievements are part of the experience these days.. Be super cool if there were a hotfix or something to continue this level of enjoyment. Thank you 

Message 15 of 96 (1,392 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I got no words for this. I understand turning off servers might have several consequences for the gameplay and anyway can impact something altogether*, but affecting single-player achievements? Well… That a big NO-NO from me, dawg. What did EA think**?

Best Regards,
--
Dakkarino

*Switching servers off is a problem of its own. Especially for big companies like EA and with games that to this day are still being played by so many people.
**Spoiler alert: they actually do not.

Message 16 of 96 (1,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I think everyone here should open a ticket through EA's system. Based on my most recent response I got from them, they may not even be aware of the problem. 

Hopefully with enough people letting them know, something could be done about this issue. Normally a server shutdown shouldn't impact single-player achievements so this is definitely something that should be on their radar either way.

https://help.ea.com/en/help-home/
To open a case: Search for Mirror's Edge Catalyst - then "See All Help Topics", closest topic I picked was "I'm looking for something I earned" -- from there "Email Us" and fill out the form

Message 17 of 96 (1,222 Views)

★ Novice

They will probably never fix it... I'm getting some useless responds from their "support team" saying that I should fix my network...

Message 18 of 96 (1,178 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

«Mirror's Edge» community need a fix, this is unacceptable! 

Message 19 of 96 (1,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Very useful input.
I'm opening a ticket right now and telling communities I'm part of to do the same.
Only difference is I opened the ticket under the topic "I'm looking for something I bought".

Message 20 of 96 (1,382 Views)