PhysXLoader.dll is Missing?

by SLSkenandore

Original Post

Re: PhysXLoader.dll is Missing?

★★ Novice
Hey, so I know this is a very old topic, but I just decided to give this game a try and I am having a similar issue. I get "Reason code = Missing DLL: [fmod_event.dll] Error: 0xC1" I have done every suggested solution and none of them work. Is there anything else I can do?
Message 21 of 27 (1,511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

YEARS after release, and this is still a thing... Finally decided to sit down and get a play-through of the games, and thus far not a single fix suggested has worked. And no, I have no intent of wiping my system to see if a fresh windows will do it.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/28/2015, 01:14:24
Machine name: MUTT-DESK
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/07/09 14:28:11 Ver: 03.07
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
Page File: 4249MB used, 3939MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Message 22 of 27 (1,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have DA:O on steam and I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times, if I open it through steam it goes to the launcher but after I click "Play" nothing happens. If I try to open through the game files it tells me PhysXLoader.dll is missing.

Message 23 of 27 (1,442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Don't waste your time futzing around with the BS answers in this thread, just go here (unless you changed your default install folder, in which case you can figure it out for yourself)

64-bit Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\__Installer\physx

32-bit Windows:

C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Dragon Age\__Installer\physx

and install the archaic version of PhysX in that folder. No need to reinstall the game or restart Origin or your computer. Doesn't matter whether you actually have an nVidia GPU or not, and I can't tell you why without likely being banned from this forum.

Message 24 of 27 (1,396 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Trying to make DA:O work - trying GlassDeviant's solution above, and the Physx directory is not in the _Installer directory!? Any ideas?

Message 25 of 27 (1,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just had the same DLL missing error. There was no physx in my DA:O files either; I just googled physx and downloaded the latest nvidia driver, and it fixed everything!! so happy I don't have to reboot lol

Message 26 of 27 (431 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 27 of 27 (347 Views)