Re: I can't launch Dragon Age 2.

by EA_Shepard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Dragon Age II Gives Error When Launching Game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I can't launch Dragon Age 2. It give me an activation box that says I have to sign into my Origin account in order to activate Dragon Age 2 on this computer. If I enter my EA name and password, it says it is not valid. I have played Dargon Age 2 on this computer before. But it has been a long time since I played it and I might not have played it since the change from Origin to the EA app. I just want to play the game. Please help.

Message 1 of 6 (319 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@pthurbon I looked at the account, and that is okay. so it isn't an account issue.  I would just for the purposes of testing resetting the EA password if you have not yet.

This error used to happen for only a few reasons

• You don't own the game itself (EA Play expired, or someone else's account owns it)
  • Bad install. You have more than one drive or the game is not updated
  • The registry location changed and Windows cannot launch it because it doesn't recognize you have it downloaded

See if the steps below help.

• First, uninstall the game
  • EA App's Cache (Top Left Menu > Help > App Recovery)

Delete EA License Files:

• Make sure the EA app is closed.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%\Electronic Arts\EA Services" (without the quotes) into the new Window > ENTER
  • Enable View Hidden Files and Folders
  • Delete all files in the "License" folder.

Please clear your temp files:

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time
  • Into the new window, type or copy & paste: "%temp%" (Without the quotes.) > hit "ENTER"
  • Now your Windows Explorer should have brought you to the "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Local\Temp" folder. > Delete all files and folders in it.
  • (If some files or folders can't be deleted, reboot and try again.)

Log back in, and reinstall the game to the default location. If you do not want to uninstall the game, I understand, but you will need to repair the game at least.

If you have more than one drive, please make sure the game and the app are both on the same drive.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (245 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@pthurbon Hey, following up on this post to see if you are still having issues with the game!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (276 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Shepard Yes, I am still having the same problem and I am unable to play the game.
Message 3 of 6 (254 Views)

Community Manager

@pthurbon I looked at the account, and that is okay. so it isn't an account issue.  I would just for the purposes of testing resetting the EA password if you have not yet.

This error used to happen for only a few reasons

• You don't own the game itself (EA Play expired, or someone else's account owns it)
  • Bad install. You have more than one drive or the game is not updated
  • The registry location changed and Windows cannot launch it because it doesn't recognize you have it downloaded

See if the steps below help.

• First, uninstall the game
  • EA App's Cache (Top Left Menu > Help > App Recovery)

Delete EA License Files:

• Make sure the EA app is closed.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%\Electronic Arts\EA Services" (without the quotes) into the new Window > ENTER
  • Enable View Hidden Files and Folders
  • Delete all files in the "License" folder.

Please clear your temp files:

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time
  • Into the new window, type or copy & paste: "%temp%" (Without the quotes.) > hit "ENTER"
  • Now your Windows Explorer should have brought you to the "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Local\Temp" folder. > Delete all files and folders in it.
  • (If some files or folders can't be deleted, reboot and try again.)

Log back in, and reinstall the game to the default location. If you do not want to uninstall the game, I understand, but you will need to repair the game at least.

If you have more than one drive, please make sure the game and the app are both on the same drive.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 4 of 6 (246 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you, those steps have solved the problem and I can now play the game. Thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 6 (230 Views)

Community Manager

@pthurbon Happy to hear it! If you run into any other issues, let us know!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 6 of 6 (212 Views)