Re: Missing dialogues in DLCs

by LilGumiho

Original Post

★★ Novice

How to open with 7-zip and which folder contains DLC's?

Message 21 of 38 (7,332 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much, Lyvine!

It worked for me. The only differerence it was no $_OUTDIR folder for me. So I just extracted $PLUGINSDIR+ dlc main content in Origin Games<Dragon Age II<addins<DLC name folder.

Message 22 of 38 (7,236 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, i have a problem with DLC Legacy to Dragon age 2. When i install DLC from Origin i don't have voice. But when i downland DLC from Bioware social network i can't install it, because DLC don't find the Dragon Age 2. I want have a voice in Legacy. I did what you said, but when I started the game I couldn't begin dlc. (but wrote that i have Legacy) When i turned off and on origin i didn't have Legacy. I can only download it from Origin. What i should do to have voice in game?

Message 23 of 38 (6,973 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi !

So how did you do it ? I've been looking for ages.

Thanks for the answer

Message 24 of 38 (6,883 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've finally got it !

Since I spent hours trying to understand what Lyvine was saying, I decided to share my success with everyone instead of just saying thank you to Lyvine.

First, create a new folder called plugins in your Dragon Age II directory (usually Origin Games<Dragon Age II).

Then you need to download again the DLC(s)s files just here : https://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

Once it's done, use 7-zip or else, click right, select 7-zip, then open archive. You have 3 different folders :  $[34] or $_2_ $TEMP $PLUGINSDIR

This is where we get to Lyvine's explanation. 

Extract the content of $PLUGINSDIR in the plugins folder, that you just created. You will only have to do this once.

Then open $[34] or $_2_ , open addins, then the folder da2_prc_drk (Legacy). Extract everything in it to Origin Games<Dragon Age II<addins, (if it's Legacy go to Origin Games<Dragon Age II<addins<da2_prc_drk). Click "yes to all" when it is asked if you wish to change your folders. Do the same thing for the other DLC(s). 

TADAAAAA it's working !!!

I didn't find any folder with this name, $_OUTDIR, like Lyvine said, but anyway it still worked for me.

I hope I was clear enough. Anyway thank you Lyvine !

Message 25 of 38 (6,870 Views)

★ Novice

Maybe it's stupid question, but how to use 7-zip on it.

Message 26 of 38 (6,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Only 7Zip works guys! Remember 7Zip not Winrar!

Message 27 of 38 (6,480 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 28 of 38 (5,860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It worked!! After years of searching a solution. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! ♥

EDIT: I had to do this for each and everyone DLC though... This bug kinda sucks. Confused

Message 29 of 38 (5,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Господи боже мой!!! СПАСИБО!!! РАБОТАЕТ! ГОЛОСА Я СЛЫШУ ИХ! Ahem, sorry, just fillings ^^'

Thank you so much for your successive plan of "what to do"!

IT WORKS! IT [expletive deleted] VOICES! I HEAR VOICES! 

Thank you so much! Now in DLS I don't have the silent characters, thank you ^^

Message 30 of 38 (5,449 Views)