[Old Report] Installing the Dragon Age II DLC from the EA Help Download Site

by JennyMx3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Old Report] Installing the Dragon Age II DLC from the EA Help Download Site

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So, the Dragon Age II DLC are not available to be purchased via Steam or EA App.

Instead, there is this official EA Help Site, published January 2023, offering the DLC for various older EA owned games to download:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/dlc-for-classic-games/#dragonage

The downloads are all .exe files. However, running the .exe files gives me an error saying that "Dragon Age 2 needs to be installed first" which it obviously is. 

So I am guessing the .exe cannot find the game directory. I tried running it from various different folders, such as directly from inside the DA2 directory but to no avail. 

I've been through this with official EA support for weeks now, endless mails and chats, and they do not seem to even understand what I am saying. 

EA offers these files on their own site and they do not work. Someone will have published them there. Someone will know what to edit to make them work. 

Anyone know what to do about this? 

Message 1 of 8 (2,756 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Installing the Dragon Age II DLC from the EA Help Download Site

★★★★★ Apprentice

Any of you found an tried this ? It's what fixed it for me https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Dragon-Age-Games/DLC-Won-t-Install-Because-DA2-Not-Installed-on-C/m-... 

(Scroll slightly up to see the full answer from Throbbz)

There's another comment the next page with an image attached to make things clearer here's the link : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Dragon-Age-Games/DLC-Won-t-Install-Because-DA2-Not-Installed-on-C/m-... 

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (248 Views)

All Replies

@JennyMx3 

What edition of the game do you own?

Did you run the installer from the "Dragon Age II\bin_ship\" folder?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 8 (2,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@holger1405 wrote:

@JennyMx3 

What edition of the game do you own?

Did you run the installer from the "Dragon Age II\bin_ship\" folder?

Steam shows it as "Ultimate Edition" but Steam Support said it is only registered as regular Dragon Age II. 

I tried running from the bin_ship and various other subfolders but it always gives the same error. 

I've seen people on reddit say that EA Support suggested they simply get friends to copy their DLC folders for them, so it's kinda starting to look like those files simply do not work and EA doesnt care eough to fix it :/ 

Message 3 of 8 (2,714 Views)

[ Edited ]

@JennyMx3 

The "Ultimate Edition" is the only edition still sold afaik, and this edition includes all DLCs already.

When did you purchased the game?

Is Steam support not capable to re-registered it to a deluxe edition?

JennyMx3 wrote:

I've seen people on reddit say that EA Support suggested they simply get friends to copy their DLC folders for them, so it's kinda starting to look like those files simply do not work and EA doesnt care eough to fix it :/ 

They probably do not work on the Digital or Steam edition.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 8 (2,678 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Steam said that EA is responsible for it, EA said its Steam's business, neither really cares to help :'D 

Message 5 of 8 (2,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Same issue here. EA made all the DLC free on Origin and then promptly forced everyone over to the EA App where these DLC are nowhere to be found. Downloading the exe files give an error that the game isn't installed even though it absolutely is. 

I won't be repurchasing another version of this game. To ask your customers to do that because you can't figure out how to properly list/link your own items is, frankly, embarrassing. 

Message 6 of 8 (2,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes same problem here, I'll try to move the game folder into a more "simple to reach" place and see. Please make it easy to use, a lot of people will want to come back to those old games.

Message 7 of 8 (1,599 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Any of you found an tried this ? It's what fixed it for me https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Dragon-Age-Games/DLC-Won-t-Install-Because-DA2-Not-Installed-on-C/m-... 

(Scroll slightly up to see the full answer from Throbbz)

There's another comment the next page with an image attached to make things clearer here's the link : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Dragon-Age-Games/DLC-Won-t-Install-Because-DA2-Not-Installed-on-C/m-... 

Message 8 of 8 (249 Views)