[EA app] Dragon Age 2 Game stuck on "Launching Game"

by lola1b

Original Post

[EA app] Dragon Age 2 Game stuck on "Launching Game"

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've been trying to run the game all morning but it's stuck at "launching game" with the bars going over and over again. I tried reinstalling, repairing, clearing cache, ending EA process, I don't know what else to do. What should I do?? I love this game to bits and really want to play. It's worked before but that was at least a year ago if not more. 

Message 1 of 4 (235 Views)

Re: Dragon Age 2 Game stuck on "Launching Game"

@lola1b 

Did you restarted your system?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (230 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, Yes, I restarted the system. All other games work just fine. A new development, as I was reinstalling the game again, there was a popup stating something about cloud saves not being available, and then how the game can't start (obviously, I'm reinstalling it). This pop up came out of nowhere, maybe 20-30 minutes after I last tried to launch the game before deciding to reinstal again. 

Message 3 of 4 (226 Views)

@lola1b 

The driver for your RX 6800 is severely outdated.

• Follow this manual to the letter to cleanly uninstall all AMD driver components.
  • Install the graphics driver > Go online.
  • Test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (158 Views)