[EA app] DA:O Leliana's Song DLC Crash

by In-The-Purest

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[EA app] DA:O Leliana's Song DLC Crash

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

this is the only DLC that will just crash on load. Everything else works seemingly including DA 2 and DLCs ( i just purchased DA ultimate edition) i did previously have a physical copy of DA:O loaded on steam and the ultimate edition i believe i got for free on EA app at one point. 

Message 1 of 14 (797 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DA:O Lelianas song

@In-The-Purest 

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • In the new Window, type or copy and paste "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" (Without the quotation marks) > Press ENTER
  • Look if there are any "DAOrigins.exe.Xxxx.dmp" her and upload them at a free file hosting service like Dropbox or Onedrive.
  • Post the link here.

If there aren't any dump files of ME:

• Press the Windows key > Write: Command Prompt > Right click on "Command Prompt" in the search results > Run as administrator.
  • Copy and paste reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD into the prompt Window > Press ENTER.
  • Play the game until it crashes.
  • After the game crashes, let all Windows crash dialogues finish.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time. > Type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" (Without the quotation marks) into the new window > Press ENTER.
  • Zip 2 - 3 "DAOrigins.exe.Xxxx.dmp" files together and upload them at file hosting service like Dropbox or you can use the Onedrive "public" folder.
  • Post the link here.

If you want to undo the automatic dump creation, use the command below in a elevated command prompt (As in point 1) reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 13 of 14 (329 Views)

All Replies

@In-The-Purest 

If you are on a PC try to repair the game.

(Origin: Game Library > Right-click the game cover > Repair)

(EA app: My Collection > Click on the three dots on the game cover > Repair)
(Steam: Game Library > Right-click the game > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.)

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 14 (778 Views)

★★ Novice

Did that and nothing again, ive also deleted the original DLC repaired and nothing and also tried fresh installs from steam and Xbox app.. i do clean the system completely before each time and its always lelianas DLC that crashes as soon as it loads. Ive also disabled sound and run at lower resolutions 

Message 3 of 14 (765 Views)

★★ Novice

its weird but on my steamdeck the DLC works. maybe ill just play it there for the time being... 

Message 4 of 14 (736 Views)

@In-The-Purest 

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

Message 5 of 14 (719 Views)

★★ Novice

herer ya go

Message 6 of 14 (690 Views)

@In-The-Purest 

Please run the "DAOriginsLauncher.exe" from the "Dragon Age Origins" game folder.

Click on "Configure".

In the "Dragon Ager Configuration Utility" > Click on Audio > Look if any of the sounds options are disabled.

If yes, uncheck the option > Click on "Dragon Age : Origins" in the menu bar > Save Settings > Test the game.

Message 7 of 14 (668 Views)

★★ Novice

the utility starts, gets to the "please wait while system information is collected",  then crashes, i manually went into the config file with a text editor and no audio was disabled, also have tried compatibility mode for config and for game as well as admin mode 

Message 8 of 14 (627 Views)

@In-The-Purest 

• Start DAO without starting Lelianas song.
  • Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open your Task Manager.
  • Find "DAOrigins.exe" in the list > Right click "DAOrigins.exe" > go to Details.
  • Right click on "DAOrigins.exe" " > Set affinity >  Leave only one of your CPU cores enabled > Ok.
  • Test.

Message 9 of 14 (622 Views)

★★ Novice

tried it does nothing seemingly :\ 

Message 10 of 14 (618 Views)