Re: Dragon Age: Origins - Awakenings not available

by holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakenings not available

★★★★★ Novice

I'm sure this may have already been answered here, but I was unable to find it.  I have Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition in my EA Library (on the PC), and decided to go back and replay the game recently.  I have finished the game (Denerim graphic bug and all) and went to launch Awakenings, but I can't find a way to do so.  I have used the EA App to REPAIR the game files, as well as uninstalled the software and re-installed the software, but no joy.

I have opened a case with EA, in case the issue is with my EA account or the base installer.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.  

Message 1 of 8 (341 Views)

Accepted Solution

@DaranSilverblade 

1. Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
2. Enter or copy and paste "%temp%" (without the quotation marks) in the new window > press "ENTER".
3. Now Windows Explorer should take you to the "C:\Users\>Your Username<\AppData\Local\Temp" folder. > Delete all files and folders in this folder.
(If some files or folders cannot be deleted, restart the PC and try again).

Then:

1. Make sure that EA app is closed.
2. Go here and download "Revo Uninstaller". (The Freeware version, Portable version also works.)
3. Run "Revor" > Uninstall EA app. (All games remain installed!)
4. At the end of the main uninstall, Revo will ask you which cleaning method you want to use. > Select "Intensive" > Browse.
5. If "Remaining registration contracts were found" is displayed > Select all > Delete > Next
6. if "Remaining data and folders" is displayed > Select all (make sure that the "Origin Games" or EA Games folder is not in the list) > Delete.
7. Uninstall DAi in the same way.
8. Restart the PC.
9. Download EA app from here. (Even if you already have the exe)
10. Run the "EAappInstaller.exe" as administrator. (Right-click on the "EAappInstaller.exe" > Run as administrator).
11. Right-click on the "EAapp.exe" shortcut on the desktop > Run as administrator.
12. Install DAi

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (268 Views)

All Replies

@DaranSilverblade 

Where is the exact problem, what happens if you try to launce Awakening?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 8 (322 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't have the ability to launch it.  I can launch Origins without an issue.  There is no option to launch Awakenings.  That is the issue.

Message 3 of 8 (308 Views)

@DaranSilverblade 

So, on the main menu screen of the game, under "Other Campaigns", Awakening is not listed?

Is "Awakening" listed under Downloadable Content > Installed Content?

Message 4 of 8 (295 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nope.  It doesn't show up at all. I see downloadable content that includes items for use in Awakenings, but Awakenings itself is not listed in either location.  I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing it multiple times, with no change.  It is a frustrating situation, as the Ultimate edition should have Awakenings installed as a part of the full install.

EA, in its' ultimate wisdom, marked my ticket as 'FIXED' even though nothing was done, and all their "suggestions" were already tried or had nothing to do with the reported problem.  I've gotten the case re-opened, so we'll see what happens next, but I'm sorely disappointed with them, at the moment.

Message 5 of 8 (288 Views)

@DaranSilverblade 

1. Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
2. Enter or copy and paste "%temp%" (without the quotation marks) in the new window > press "ENTER".
3. Now Windows Explorer should take you to the "C:\Users\>Your Username<\AppData\Local\Temp" folder. > Delete all files and folders in this folder.
(If some files or folders cannot be deleted, restart the PC and try again).

Then:

1. Make sure that EA app is closed.
2. Go here and download "Revo Uninstaller". (The Freeware version, Portable version also works.)
3. Run "Revor" > Uninstall EA app. (All games remain installed!)
4. At the end of the main uninstall, Revo will ask you which cleaning method you want to use. > Select "Intensive" > Browse.
5. If "Remaining registration contracts were found" is displayed > Select all > Delete > Next
6. if "Remaining data and folders" is displayed > Select all (make sure that the "Origin Games" or EA Games folder is not in the list) > Delete.
7. Uninstall DAi in the same way.
8. Restart the PC.
9. Download EA app from here. (Even if you already have the exe)
10. Run the "EAappInstaller.exe" as administrator. (Right-click on the "EAappInstaller.exe" > Run as administrator).
11. Right-click on the "EAapp.exe" shortcut on the desktop > Run as administrator.
12. Install DAi

Message 6 of 8 (269 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That did it.

Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 8 (230 Views)

@DaranSilverblade 

You're welcome!

Message 8 of 8 (222 Views)