Dragon Age II failed to launch

by Beymiller

Original Post

Dragon Age II failed to launch

★★★ Newbie

I keep receiving an error message reading "Your game failed to launch - an error on our end caused your launch to fail. Try again a little later." This has happened multiple times on multiple different days. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

I noticed the last time I did successfully play this game (many months ago) that it was very prone to freezing and crashing, even more so than DA:O, which as far as I know is supposed to be the buggy one. I'm pretty sure it's not a graphics driver issue because I keep on top of that stuff.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated because I love this game and would love to be able to play it again.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (714 Views)

Re: Dragon Age II failed to launch

[ Edited ]
Hero

Does this only happen in the EA app? What happens if you try to launch the game from Origin or straight from the executable?

Edit: It seems most if not all players have been forced to switch to EA app now, and I discovered launching straight from the exe to bypass the launcher may no longer be an option.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. 

Message 3 of 4 (659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem also.

Cleared cache, tried running offline and restarting without success. Forums have recommended playing with admin settings and that has not worked for me. EA help have reported as a bug but doesn't seem likely that will go anywhere.

Message 4 of 4 (378 Views)