Dragon Age 2 Unauthorized DLC Error

by MelEndures

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age 2 Unauthorized DLC Error

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

DA2 Ultimate worked fine on Origin.  DLCs and additional stuff loads on EA's new platform, but show as Unauthorized and won't run.  Saved games, using the legally purchased DLCs etc won't run.  I actually PURCHASED DA2  ULTIMATE AGAIN to fix the problem - it supposedly came with all the DLCs etc.  Still show as downloaded but unauthorized and unusable.  I've reloaded, rebooted, repaired, rescreamed.....nothing.  Basically EA  (can't)Play has taken a working game from Origin and destroyed it.  Is there a fix?

(cm edit updating thread for tracking)

Message 1 of 15 (800 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age 2 Unauthorized DLC Error

Community Manager

@MelEndures No worries at all. Let us know what happens!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 13 of 15 (502 Views)

All Replies

Re: DAII DLCs loaded but marked unauthorized

Hero

Are you logged into an account on the game's main menu? Make sure this is on the same e-mail address you used when buying the DLC.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 15 (726 Views)

Community Manager

@MelEndures  Doing some follow-up to see if you are still having issues with the game!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 15 (349 Views)

★★ Novice

Not fixed.  All DLCs download, then appear as UNAUTHORIZED.  Can not continue EXISTING game b/c it used the DLCs.  Very sad.  I PAID for all the DLCs.  They all worked on my old laptop.  The DLCs should port to this new laptop as authorized and be usable.  EA issue - not Alienware or Windows 11.  No one has offered a solution, altho' I do appreciate the follow up.  I'll appreciate it more if it gets fixed.

Message 4 of 15 (342 Views)

Community Manager

@MelEndures Can you capture a screenshot for me so i can see which ones you are seeing? There's a few ways to go about this one now.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 5 of 15 (337 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for responding.  Here's 2 screenshots.  One from DAII start up - trying to continue an existing game.  The second a shot of some of the downloaded DLCs from the list in the EA app.  

Message 6 of 15 (333 Views)

Community Manager

@MelEndures Ahh yeah those items, okay cool. Do you have the EA app and the game both on the same drive? 

Are you launching the game from the EA app or Steam or Epic?

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 7 of 15 (330 Views)

★★ Novice

Launching from the EA App.  They are on the same drive.  FYI - I can play DA2 with the DLCs active on my 7 year old laptop (WIN10) from the EA App.  This would be the laptop on which they were originally installed.  DA2 is not running on that old laptop when I try to open it with the DLCs on the new Alienware 18 (WIN11).

Message 8 of 15 (324 Views)

Community Manager

@MelEndures Just clarify it works on an old laptop but now on the new one you are getting the error with?

Was the content obtained through EA Play at any point, or did you already own the content itself?

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 9 of 15 (322 Views)

★★ Novice

I already owned all the content and used it on the old laptop.  I've had it for years - so don't think it was EA play,  but it's been a while.

Message 10 of 15 (320 Views)