Dragon Age 2 DLCs - Steam/Origin

by Souryapool

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age 2 DLCs — can't redeem access codes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

-> How far are you into the game?? 

Kirkwall, preparing for expedition w Varric, helping Anders to resque his fellow mage, doing sidequests such as Amaranthine conspiratots etc

At this point I've realised I haven't seen any signs of DLC in the game and successfully logged in to EA profile.

Could it be that there are none because I wasn't logged before? Should I start the game anew now once I'm connected to EA servers? or should DLC appear anyway?

-> Does yours have this as well??

I do have "Version 1.0" on the right side of the screen, just above the description of the DLC selected from the list

There's no word "unauthorized" anywhere there, at least I can't find it.

Could it actually be, that at this moment of game progress I wouldn't have seen any of the downloadable content anyway? 
If so, why does it still show the "Redeem EA code" button, and how would I know that my DLCs are actually activated properly and just await me somewhere later in the game? 

If you look on Origin, does it show the DLCs as unlocked and installed??  Or does it direct you to Steam?? 

Origin shows that I've purchased those DLCs from Steam, says they're installed and yet directs me to Steam to download 'em, altho Steam lists all the DLCs as already downloaded and installed (same as the ingame menu).

A bit confusing

Message 21 of 28 (1,653 Views)

dragon age 2 DLC unauthorised

★★★ Newbie

hey guys so ive had a little look around on the boards and ive tried some things to fix the DLCs but nothing ha worked, so every time i try to load my main save it basically crashes out and tells me my DLC is unauthorised ive tried messing with the files but i dont want to break stuff and ive heard reinstalling doesn't help. i literally have no idea what to do so any idiotproof help would be greatly appreciated haha 

thanks Standard smile

Message 22 of 28 (1,650 Views)

The DLC are alll accessed from your player home....I think it was Gamlen's house in DA2 first area before you move up in the world.  There SHOULD be a side room with a special deliveries chest and a couple statues there with lit icons.  So if you have Gamlen's home and you have looked everywhere there, then they aren't triggering in game BUT it sounds as if they should.

The listing as 1.0 and NO Unauthorized indicates that it is installed and ready to use.  Should Could but so far not....

As to starting over, it SHOULDN'T matter, as you SHOULD be able to add DLC as you go, as I know on original play, I added them as they were released and didn't have to start a new game other than maybe wanting to play them at different times instead of end game only...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 23 of 28 (1,617 Views)

★★★ Novice

It finally worked!!

I have no idea what's done it in the end, but somehow this time I loaded my saved game and I immediately got 'new quest' notices for every DLC installed!! and the whole list of them in the quest log menu -> premium content

No clue why or how, but seems that I've finally got my downloadable content ready to play!

I really, really hope that for at least some of you experiencing same trouble it will work out just as fine.

Ma serannas, fellow gamers!

Message 24 of 28 (1,598 Views)

Re: No access to DLC on Dragon Age 2

★★★ Newbie
@graillyc Dude this WORKED. I could log in and finally access the DLCs. Thank you!
Message 25 of 28 (1,462 Views)

Re: dragon age 2

★★★★ Novice
I had this issue as well recently. Logging into EA account does not work for authorization of DLC.

Solution:
You need to log into dragonagekeep.com and then sync your career in the Career section of the keep website.

Then you will be able to log in while running DA2 using your EA credentials. Once Logged in it will automatically authorize the DLC.

Does not work without a synced career I found.
Message 26 of 28 (1,106 Views)

Re: Dragon Age 2 DLCs "unauthorized", cannot log in to verify

★★★★ Novice
@tiger42424242 I had this issue as well recently. Logging into EA account does not work for authorization of DLC.

Solution:
You need to log into dragonagekeep.com and then sync your career in the Career section of the keep website.

Then you will be able to log in while running DA2 using your EA credentials. Once Logged in it will automatically authorize the DLC.

Does not work without a synced career I found.
Message 27 of 28 (1,102 Views)

Re: Dragon Age 2 DLCs "unauthorized", cannot log in to verify

★★★ Newbie

What would you suggest if syncing from DA Keep didn't work? I feel like I'm running around in circles in these threads.

Message 28 of 28 (1,016 Views)