Dragon Age 2 DLCs - Steam/Origin

by Souryapool

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age 2 DLCs "unauthorized", cannot log in to verify

★★★ Newbie

This fixed it for me! Thank you! EA support was clueless, they didn't even know you could get the DLC free now. 

Message 11 of 28 (1,942 Views)

No access to DLC on Dragon Age 2

★★★ Newbie

I've been in contact with six different agents about this issue, who all recommended different fixes that did not work and was finally told to file the issue here.

I bought Dragon Age 2 Ultimate Edition, I can access the main game, but not the DLC because I cannot log on from inside the game. It consistently tells me it won't connect to the "DRAGON AGE SERVERS". Since I cannot login with my EA id, all the DLC is marked as unathorized. I just want to be able to access the content that I've paid for.

Message 12 of 28 (2,026 Views)

Re: No access to DLC on Dragon Age 2

Community Manager
@Sjolina Can I check what region you're in? Also would it be possible to lsit the main steps you've taken, so we don't wind up duplicating steps?
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 13 of 28 (2,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Of course, I'm in Denmark and here are some steps I tried so far:

Trying on different networks and with hotspot, tried with and without VPN on, with firewall off, changed password running as administrator and the following steps as advised by support agents:

Uninstalled and reinstalled Origin and Dragon Age 2 multiple times. 

Using game repair feature multiple times

Lowering User Access Control settings

I also tried manual downloads of the content plus running a patch, but this was not possible.

I also contacted Steam for refund after basically giving up ever being able to play the full game (they refused)

Message 14 of 28 (1,991 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_David Also adding screenshots Screenshot 2022-07-25 180310.pngScreenshot 2022-07-25 180310.png

Message 15 of 28 (1,887 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey there,

I had the same problem (game purchased on Steam). 
Here's what helped for me: 

1) run Dragon Age Origins (!), log in to EA servers there

2) don't close DAO, open DA2 simultaneously

3) log in to EA servers, checking the "keep me logged in" box

4) exit both games, restart DA2

-> voila

However, I have to say, this didn't help me with DLCs. They're still unaccessable.

But for some people that helped

Message 16 of 28 (1,846 Views)

Dragon Age 2 DLCs — can't redeem access codes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello all,

as many other players do, I have trouble with activating DA2 downloadable content.

I've purchased DA2 ultimate edition (=original content + DLC bundle) from Steam, everything is installed correctly, but the DLCs still need to be activated.

The link in the game (opened in browser by clicking "redeem EA code") isn't working of course, I guess because everything moved to Origin platform, thus the page that's supposed to open just doesn't load.

I've already connected to my EA profile in the game (was tricky too, but there is a workaround), linked all my accounts in Steam, Origin and EA profile, but none of this helped.

I've contacted EA support via help.ea.com/en/ — but none of the proposed solutions worked: neither entering the product code in the Origin app (says smth like "This code has already been activated"), nor clearing Origin / Steam cache.

Steam Community also wasn't helpful in my case

I've contacted EA support once more and got an answer:

"Players are reporting issues accessing Dragon Age 2 DLC, this is an ongoing issue and you're not the only one affected. We are actively working on and investigating this for everyone. Due to the unforeseen nature of this, I don't have an estimated time for the fix."

Needless to say, I wasn't satisfied with this, since the issue is already known for MONTHS it seems, and no global fix was delivered yet. 

I'm at a loss and deeply frustrated.

Thus I'd like to ask if someone here had the same problem and eventually found a way how to deal with it.

Since the EA support was so sure and confident about the solutions they suggested me at first, I kinda hope there still might be something that would help.
It's been two days when instead of playing the game I've paid money for I'm just endlessly searching the internet for any kind of solutions Frown

Message 17 of 28 (1,948 Views)

Re: Dragon Age 2 DLCs — can't redeem access codes

The link of redeem code, is supposed to be for when you purchase a DLC or got one from a "bonus" for another purchase.....I don't remember it being used on original install.  Mind you it has been a really really long time since I dealt with this.

I THOUGHT that once you linked your EA ID ingame to your EA account with the DLC it would automatically turn them on when you play....but again, it has been a really really long time.  I know on my system it lists the ability to log out, so I assume there should be a log in ability if you haven't done so....

What happens when you click on a DLC??  Mine lists a check mark next to it and on the right a display of what the dlc is.

What happens when you try to play the game as it currently stands??

I have also heard a rumor that they are going to make all the dlcs for legacy Bioware games free in the not so distant future...by the end of the year, so I don't know how that will change the DLCs activation and how they are working on implementing the change in game with the older stores being integral to the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 18 of 28 (1,904 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA employee or not, thanks for your answer)

Yeah, I thought too, that simply logging in to EA profile ingame would do the trick. I have done so (wan't easy, but Steam Community helped there, now I'm successfully connected to EA servers), but DLCs remain inactive.

-> What happens when you click on a DLC??  Mine lists a check mark next to it and on the right a display of what the dlc is.

Same, there's a check mark on the left in the list of installed content and description on the right. And the "Redeem EA code" button below — not sure if the latter should look otherwise if my DLCs are not only installed, but also activated.

-> What happens when you try to play the game as it currently stands??

The game runs ok, but with no trace of additional content — neither items nor quests are present. Just as if I had no DLC whatsoever (meanwhile there supoosed to be 18 of them)

Message 19 of 28 (1,879 Views)

[ Edited ]

How far are you into the game?? 

Reason I ask is it sounds like the ingame look of your DLCs are the same as mine, and last time I played they worked fine.  Edited to add:  I just looked at the other thread you posted in and saw on the screenshot under version of the DLC a listing of (unauthorized) next to version number 1.0.  Does yours have this as well??

If you look on Origin, does it show the DLCs as unlocked and installed??  Or does it direct you to Steam?? 

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 20 of 28 (1,856 Views)