Dragon Age 2 DLCs - Steam/Origin

by Souryapool

Original Post

Dragon Age 2 DLCs - Steam/Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I purchased the Dragon Age 2 Ultimate Edition on Steam, which comes with all DLCs. The DLCs, although installed, appear as "unauthorized" in game and are therefore inaccessible.

Whenever I try to login to authorize the DLCs, I get an error saying "Cannot connect to Dragon Age servers" (pic attached), essentially rendering the DLCs unplayable. Effectively, my money was stolen.

I know my login credentials are correct because I can log in to Origin just fine.

This is not the first time that EA games on Steam have caused issues for me, due to the dual Origin login requirement, but it is the most egregious. 

Have been trying to fix this for a day now, none of the solutions on the forum seem to work (and this seems to be a persistent problem).

Message 1 of 28 (5,944 Views)

Re: Dragon Age 2 DLCs "unauthorized", cannot log in to verify

★★★★★ Novice

Same problem with me. It is stupid. 

Message 2 of 28 (5,907 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same problem as well. I went though EA help and they had no clue.

Message 3 of 28 (5,884 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Friend of mine is having the same problem. Let's hope for some dev clarity on this one....

Message 4 of 28 (5,856 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I solved this by following this method posted by someone on Steam:

Launch Dragon Age Origins, log in to your EA Account from there. Alt-tab out, launch DA 2, try logging in to your EA account, it should work now (it did for me). Close both games, then launch DA2. You should still be logged in, and your DLC authorised.

Hope this helps. It's unlikely EA will officially address this any time soon.

Message 5 of 28 (5,815 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! 

I´ve been struggling with this problem for 4 days now. 

Your solution fixed it!

Message 6 of 28 (5,791 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem for me.  For some reason I can't login in via Origins either.  This is unbelievable.

EDIT:  Updating this in case this helps someone else.  I changed my password on the EA website and was then able to log in to DA Origins and DA2 immediately and get the DLCs authorized.  I have no idea why this worked as I have had no issues with my password before.

Message 7 of 28 (5,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA help's fix for this was to use the EA beta app instead of origin to run the game. It worked for me but, it still won't work thru origin.  

Message 8 of 28 (5,695 Views)

dragon age 2

★★★ Newbie

I bought Dragon Age 2 on Steam. I have an EA account and it is linked with my steam account. When I run Dragon Age 2 from Steam it open Origin as normal and in Steam it shows that it is running but then Origin restarts and Steam stops showing that the game is running and then nothing happens. I`ve reinstalled Origin and Dragon Age 2 and I`ve cleared Origin caches, but nothing works. Has anyone got a fix for this?

Message 9 of 28 (5,620 Views)

Re: dragon age 2

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@kartondoosI had a similar issue when attempting to run DAII on my steam deck, and it turned out to be due to a lack of specific required drivers. which I have noticed tends to be the issue with installing older games like this on any system.
First, Go On Nividia and download "NVIDIA PHYSX SYSTEM SOFTWARE 9.16.0318" Install this according to the instructions.
Next, you want to go into Dragon Age II's install folder, for me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age II but if you have it through Steam it may be in your Steamapps folder instead. Click on the __Installer folder, then the directx folder, and finally redist folder. Here you should find an exe called DXSETUP. Run this and install it.
At this point try running the game again, if the issue was that you didn't have the proper drivers it should now run.

Message 10 of 28 (5,538 Views)