Re: Deleting Saves on Xbox One?

by Mistermovieman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Deleting Saves on Xbox One?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just started playing Dragon Age: Origins, and I made a mage that I want to delete. I know in Mass Effect you can delete your save files whenever you want, but I can't find any option to delete my file in this game.

Message 1 of 8 (16,760 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Mistermovieman wrote:

I went to "manage game" and  "saved data," and deleted "storage space." Unfortunately, that did not do anything, and my saves are still there. The save data is on my cloud.

Yeah I know what you did was simply delete the save data from your console.

The only way to manage Xbox 360 cloud saves on an Xbox One is from within an Xbox 360 game.

To delete it from the cloud you need to do what I said in my original post. Start the game, press both View and Menu buttons together which will bring up the Xbox 360 dashboard.

Then go to Manage storage where you can manage all your Xbox 360 saves that are stored in the cloud.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (19,361 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Launch the game (or any Xbox 360 game for that matter) and press both the View and Menu buttons together (or back and start if you're like me and still use the old button names Standard smile - I even had to google the actual names) to bring up the Xbox 360 Dashboard.

Then go to Manage Storage and you can manage any Xbox 360 save games here.

Message 2 of 8 (16,734 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I went to "manage game" and  "saved data," and deleted "storage space." Unfortunately, that did not do anything, and my saves are still there. The save data is on my cloud.

Message 3 of 8 (16,727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Mistermovieman wrote:

Yeah I know what you did was simply delete the save data from your console.

The only way to manage Xbox 360 cloud saves on an Xbox One is from within an Xbox 360 game.

To delete it from the cloud you need to do what I said in my original post. Start the game, press both View and Menu buttons together which will bring up the Xbox 360 dashboard.

Then go to Manage storage where you can manage all your Xbox 360 saves that are stored in the cloud.

Message 4 of 8 (19,362 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you. I forgot you had to launch the game first.

Message 5 of 8 (16,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you. Very helpful. Went back to DAO and wanted to start from scratch but all my saves were at max level and needed to delete them but couldn't figure out how until I read Master Movieman's answer. Stay safe and stay out of my E.R.  if possible! - The tiniest nurse in medicine

Message 6 of 8 (8,403 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you! This worked perfectly! Large smile

Message 7 of 8 (3,692 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age: Origins, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (3,585 Views)