Re: Update 1.0.5 - Sep. 5

by rdwarren13

Original Post

Update 1.0.5 - Sep. 5

Community Manager (retired)

Commanders,

We have made game adjustments aimed at addressing the Epic unit leveling issues as well as re-balancing of several units.

Game Adjustments

Cards in the Store

The in-game store offered one Common, one Rare, and one Epic unit card each day. These units were randomly selected from GDI or Nod after players reached Level 4. As the faction for each unit was random, a player who battled predominantly as Nod may only have access to GDI units.

We are changing how the store functions for players Level 4 and above, so that players will have access to both GDI and Nod units. Each day, the store will offer a total of 6 unit cards: three GDI unit cards (one Common, one Rare and one Epic) and three Nod unit cards (one Common, one Rare and one Epic).

Epic Card Crate Drops

Right now, the rate at which Epic units level up is not keeping pace with the rate for Common or Rare units. Players are unable to collect enough Epic Cards, so Epic unit levels are falling behind Common and Rare units. With this update, we are starting to make adjustments and will continue to monitor how Epic units are leveling compared to Commons and Rares.

To start addressing this issue, we are adjusting crates in the following ways:

• The number of Epic cards being dropped from Epic Crates has doubled
  • The chance of getting an Epic card from a Rare Crate has increased by 83%
  • The chance of getting an Epic card from a Common Crate has increased by 60%

Balance Changes

GDI

• Disruptor
    • Disruptor beam no longer does damage to friendly units or structures.
    • Disruptor can now fire while moving.
    • Increased rotation speed of Disruptor turret.
    • Reduced Damage vs Vehicles to 800 (was 1100)
  • Hammerhead
    •  Damage vs Structures reduced to 400 (was 700)
  • Juggernaut
    • Movement speed increased to 5.5 (was 3.9)
    • Damage increased to 400 (was 300)
    • Damage vs Infantry increased to 200 (was 50)
    • Damage vs Structures increased to 1000 (was 750)

Nod

• Giga-Cannon
    • Stage 1 & 2 Damage reduced by 20%
    • Stage 1 & 2 Damage vs Infantry reduced by 50%
    • Stage 3 Damage vs Infantry reduced by 50%

Message 1 of 24 (2,150 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will players who bought the bundles in-game be compensated for these increases in epic cards? I've spent over $100 already and now I feel totally robbed of 50+ epic cards. I can't get any more bundles either. 

Shouldn't you provide some sort of compensation for older players? I'm assuming your adjusted rates are intended to be appropriate for new accounts. I couldn't use my epic cards before because of the discrepancy and I appreciate the adjustment but I still can't use them now.  

Message 2 of 24 (2,044 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
If you go to the supermarket and buy 1 can of Coke for 1 dollar. The next day, 1 dollar of cola buy 1 get 1 free. You can't ask the supermarket to send you a can of cola.
Message 3 of 24 (1,951 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Definitely something not right in this game. Was at level 11 (almost to level 12) and now am losing every match. Have lost over 500 points in the last 2 days.

Message 4 of 24 (1,926 Views)

★★★ Novice

If the supermarket is brand new and the cokes don't cost anything to supply by the owner, then an intelligent supermarket owner would better profit from giving out the appropriate cokes in order to please his already existing customers at $0 cost as opposed to choosing to leave his old customers feeling regretful and disgruntled. And if a customer were to assume that the owner was that intelligent and noticed the fact that the cokes don't cost the owner anything, then it would not be so farfetched for him to ask for the additional coke upon discovering the new deal. 

Given your choice of analogy, you should probably reread the above paragraph a few times so that it makes sense. 

Message 5 of 24 (1,757 Views)

★★ Novice

i asked that question two days ago and they have never responded. Like you man I've bought every single in game purchase and then some but only to now have found out how robbed of cards i'v been. I love the game but will quit playing if they are not going to be adding the difference to our accounts with at least a few free crates!

Message 6 of 24 (1,711 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm honestly trying to keep playing this game but we've bought every bundle and then spent maybe another 100$ for gems that we have used for rare crates. Now can you imagine how many epic's cards I would have earned and payed for if I waited till now? It's bull for the players that have put over 300$ in a game to be cheated of the same cards people are now finding in common crates?! We need some compinsation or I will stop playing and I will get my hole faction to do the same with many other players that feel this way to. We Just feel so cheated and won't continue playing or putting money in the game. With all these changes coming in...next thing we know epic's are turning to rares and worth less or maybe we use to spend 10$ for 8 epic's cards and now your getting like 20? Wouldn't you feel robbed having bought all the bundles and then some???

Message 7 of 24 (1,708 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Shopping itself is an investment, and you have to take risks regardless of the value of the future. If the sudden value of cola rises from $1 to $1,000, is the supermarket going to get you back $999?
Message 8 of 24 (1,704 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
You have this reaction because you have the feeling of loss fram. I will say that you are not lucky.
Message 9 of 24 (1,697 Views)

★★★ Novice

@wwfyin wrote:
Shopping itself is an investment, and you have to take risks regardless of the value of the future. If the sudden value of cola rises from $1 to $1,000, is the supermarket going to get you back $999?

Obviously not, because that would cost the supermarket $999. I'm talking about a $0, zero cost product that they have unlimited supply of. And if I already bought the coke, I would be grateful that I didn't have to pay $1000 to buy it. Get your stupid analogy straight. Do you even understand how stocks work? 

Message 10 of 24 (1,697 Views)