Hardline PS4 (in game install too slow)

by Riotfirestarter

Original Post

Hardline PS4 (in game install too slow)

★★★★ Novice

Dear all,

My installation is going way too slow, I've downloaded the game and the update (pre-ordered it) on ps4, but now it's downloading for cca 5hrs already, yet its at 50%. (Full game 50%)

What's the problem with this? My internet is quite fast...Is there any way to speed this up?

Thanks

Message 1 of 143 (72,983 Views)

Re: Hardline PS4 (in game install too slow)

Community Manager (retired)

Is your PS4 updated with the latest system software and have you tried to link your console with a cabled internet connection rather than wireless?

Please keep in mind that our servers are heavily loaded as many players downloading the game right now.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 143 (72,747 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dear Bastian, 

Yes, I have the latest system software plus I always use cabled connection (through LAN cable) instead of wireless. My game download was relatively fast, but this "install" (or download) is way way too slow. Can I speed it up in any way?

My PSID is "silverriot". And additionally, my friend - PSD "spetz0000" - yesterday he just downloaded the game and this morning (both US accounts) he could play it instantly, he did not have the installation that I now wait for.

Best,

Message 3 of 143 (72,743 Views)

There is unfortunately not much we can do if the general install is taking longer as usual. You can try to reset your console or to delete cancel and resume the install but that could mean that you need to install the game from the scratch. again. The general installation process should not take hours though.

To reset your console or to rebuild your console data base, you need to enter the PS4 safety mode. To restart or update the system as well as rebuilding the database could do the trick:

Starting the PS4 in Safe Mode

1. Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
  2. Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
  3. Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.

Safe Mode Options

The following options are available in Safe Mode:

1. Restart System - Ends Safe Mode and restarts the PlayStation 4 normally.
  2. Update System Software - Allows the PlayStation 4 to update the system software via Internet, USB Drive, or Disc.
  3. Rebuild Database - Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content.
    This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.

Cheers

Basti

Message 4 of 143 (72,737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the answer, but one more question, I've downloaded the 40GB part plus the update, now I'm in the game (I could play the prologue), everything else is at 50% (when I posted this topic). How do I cancel the download, there isn't an option and it isn't visible in the playstation downloads. Is the game actually DOWNLOADING something in addition to 40GB game download via the game or what?

Message 5 of 143 (72,734 Views)

Resetting the console via the safemode should cancel and resume the installation process, have you tried it yet? 

Message 6 of 143 (72,729 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've entered safe mode and forced the 2.04 download of system software (which Sony never prompted me for in the Playstation main menu). I'll try this first before the database rebuild.

Message 7 of 143 (72,727 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've installed the sys update plus rebuilt the database (have no other games installed so it went fast), it is still awfully slow.

"The game is currently installing. Check out Battlelog while you wait or start playing the singleplayer episodes when they're ready!"

It is at 51% (remember it was 50 an hour ago when I posted this).

PLEASE HELP, what's the problem?

Message 8 of 143 (72,711 Views)

So it was making at least some kind of a progress (from 50-51%) but it takes still a really long to finish. I don't wan't to recommend to delete all the game data, this could fix the issue but you would have to run through the whole download and possibly still slow installation over again.

Have you already tried to create another PSN profile in order to try to install the game with a different profile?

Cheers

Basti

Message 9 of 143 (72,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Here is my experience with PS4 from last night.

Midnight I launched it.  Started installing... very slowly.  3 hours pass and it's at 50%.  I go to sleep.  Wake up 7.5 hours after originally starting the install.  It was finished.  I estimated it took about 5 hours because how how I have the sleep settings on PS4.

I launched the game before work and it appeared fully installed.

I thought about it but did not check the network traffic for the PS4.  I assumed it was downloading stuff since it took so long.

25mbit down connection with a stock slow PS4 harddrive.  Preloaded from Sunday.

Message 10 of 143 (72,668 Views)