Re: Battlefield Bad company 2 password reset

by RedFoxxie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield Bad company 2 password reset

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi

I bought Bad company 2 and Bad company 2 Vietnam last year through steam. I registered my game ofc on steam and made BFBC 2 account to play online.

However, now after about a year I forgot my password and dont know how to reset it. I dont see any forgot password ingame.

I have an Origin account with games there too, but BFBC is not registered on Origin.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (18,221 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey there @Iraqi_Warrior

You should be able to reset your password the same way you would reset EA Account password if you remember the email and/or ID you registered the accounts to Bad Company 2 and Vietnam with. They effectively function under EA Accounts just like anything EA makes nowadays, even if you aren't using Origin.

Use this link , insert your ID or email there and you should be able to reset your password through there as long as you can get the verification process done : https://signin.ea.com/p/web/resetPassword

For support, please visit the EA Help website. For instructions on how to use the EA Help services, please refer to How to use EA Help.

If you want to transfer your BC2 and BC2V from Steam to Origin by the way, at least back in the days you could do so by the "Redeeming product key" feature and Steam showing CD keys to products. I am not 150% entirely sure if this works today still but I don't see why it shouldn't : https://techgage.com/article/migrating_your_ea_games_from_steam_or_retail_to_origin/

Good luck !

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (21,291 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey there @Iraqi_Warrior

You should be able to reset your password the same way you would reset EA Account password if you remember the email and/or ID you registered the accounts to Bad Company 2 and Vietnam with. They effectively function under EA Accounts just like anything EA makes nowadays, even if you aren't using Origin.

Use this link , insert your ID or email there and you should be able to reset your password through there as long as you can get the verification process done : https://signin.ea.com/p/web/resetPassword

For support, please visit the EA Help website. For instructions on how to use the EA Help services, please refer to How to use EA Help.

If you want to transfer your BC2 and BC2V from Steam to Origin by the way, at least back in the days you could do so by the "Redeeming product key" feature and Steam showing CD keys to products. I am not 150% entirely sure if this works today still but I don't see why it shouldn't : https://techgage.com/article/migrating_your_ea_games_from_steam_or_retail_to_origin/

Good luck !

Message 2 of 6 (21,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do I use the same email and pw to log into BFBC 2 on steam as my Origin account?

Also, the reset link you gave me, does it reset my Origin password or the game itself?

Thanks

Message 3 of 6 (18,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

You basically seem to have two accounts : The one on BFBC2 that you play from Steam, and the one where you have your EA games at Origin. Otherwise you should see the BFBC2 on your Origin, which you don't, making me assume they must be separate. Both of those are de facto EA/Origin accounts as that is what BFBC2 uses to connect online like all EA games nowadays.

So in order to reset the one you use on BFBC2, you input that account's ID or email to the password reset link. It will only reset the password of whichever account you type to it, and even then only if you answer to the verification provided.

If it's all too confusing, you can contact the EA's support and they can figure it out if you give them your BFBC2 credentials. They should see your EA Account through that. Currently it's Sunday though so majority of the live support is having a day off. Might be easier to contact them tomorrow.

Message 4 of 6 (18,155 Views)

EA Community Manager

In addition to that, you should be able to retrieve your product code on Steam, copy that and register the game on Origin as well. Then you would be able to launch it via Origin and likely not provide any credentials to play online anymore.

Message 5 of 6 (18,131 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, how you solved it please?

You could pair anything, but you have to log on extra to BC2 anyway (it is older platform created before account on Origin), i know it. But how to change the password?

Thank you

Message 6 of 6 (1,941 Views)