Re: BFBC2 - Failed to login soldier.

by cwoodward1981

Original Post

Re: failed to login soldier

★ Novice

I tried making a new soldier, but it is still the same. 

So bad. 

Message 881 of 1,401 (1,258 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@droper1004 wrote:

I tried making a new soldier, but it is still the same. 

So bad. 

It works for some people but not for all.  Most of my clan can get in with the new character, but there are some that can't.  Seems that the ones here in the USA can, and the ones in the UK can but there seems to be a problem for the others for some reason.  We have members from Austrailia that can't get in as well as South Africa.  Hope EA gets this straightened out soon.  

Message 882 of 1,401 (1,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just spoke to a support person via online chat, and they told me they were aware of the problem and that they were still working on the resolution.  Until I  hear otherwise, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for a couple more days.  

I know some issues can  take a long time to resolve.  Thats not to say its most likely ultimately their fault for not planning ahead,  but  it is what it is.

We'll see how it goes...(it still sucks, regardless)...

Message 883 of 1,401 (1,276 Views)

★★ Novice

It's been 4 days, they still haven't resolved the problem. I'm unsure if they will ever resolve the problem

Message 884 of 1,401 (1,266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, I got through to EA. They are aware of the problem and are working on it. It started recently after the EA server maintenance. They do not have it fixed yet. It seems that this problem affects anyone with a capital letter in their soldier name. I tryed creating a new character with all lower case letter in the soldiers name and it worked. It doesn't give you your beefed up soldiers but it lets you play for now. Stay tuned. Hopefully it won't take much longer.

Message 885 of 1,401 (1,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, I got through to EA. They are aware of the problem and are working on it. It started recently after the EA server maintenance. They do not have it fixed yet. It seems that this problem affects anyone with a capital letter in their soldier name. I tryed creating a new character with all lower case letter in the soldiers name and it worked. It doesn't give you your beefed up soldiers but it lets you play for now. Stay tuned. Hopefully it won't take much longer.

Message 886 of 1,401 (1,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seriously? A company as large as EA/Origin can't keep their customer base happy? Many of us gamers have invested a lot of our money into these games because EA puts out a decent product year in and year out. Kudos to that.

I am a gamer that has owned and bought many games from EA on many different platforms. I've purchased games from the Madden series on everything from the Sega Genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and PC. I've purchased all the baseball games. I've had all the NBA Live games across every platform. I've owned F-22 Raptor from the Genesis days. I've had all of the BF games for PC. I've purchased the NFS games for PS2 and PC. Point is that I've spent a lot of money on games from EA games because your product usually exceeds the rest. I'm you're basic gamer so there are many thousands, if not millions, just like me.

When I buy a game like BFBC2(Battlefield Bad Company 2), I expect to be able to use all features, including online play, to the fullest extent possible. This includes being able to play against a wide variety of people from all ends of the world thanks to dedicated servers. I just found out that players with any capital letters in their names cannot login and play. There are many players with capital letters in their names, many that are ALL in capitals. How something this simple can hold back these dedicated players is a travesty. This game was basically $60 brand new. Most could afford this with no issues, but others probably had to scrape bottom to get this much anticipated game. There is still a huge fanbase for this and many of us don't have computers capable of playing the new BF4. Or even BF3 for that matter.

I enjoy playing BFBC2 with all others who are willing. There are plenty but the fact that they are now limited because of username characters is appaling. You need to fix this. There are a dedicated group who still play and respect EA's products. I can tell you that if this issue is not fixed, I will boycott EA games. My sole boycott won't make a dent in your sales, but if more like me decide to do so, I'm sure you will feel the affect. 

Message 887 of 1,401 (1,231 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well spoken.

Message 888 of 1,401 (1,422 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well, i have spent the day following this post, but i think i will go to bed now. If you still can't get in make sure to try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYdtyCg6NVk

Message 889 of 1,401 (1,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
it is time to put a little pressure on EA games everybody start sending messages and contact your local news media CNN MSNBC fox whatever your liking media outlet may be. If we manage to get it on the news it will definitely apply pressure to EA GAMES to give us a formal response with a legitimate date of for a resolve.
Message 890 of 1,401 (1,408 Views)