Re: Windows 10 - Origin start up error 0xc000007b

by Karatekirk

Original Post

Community Manager

@NaramSin30 Hi there,

This is an error encountered when missing or having corrupt system files. Please install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages listed here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

Let me know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 61 of 185 (21,220 Views)

Re: Origin won't start up on Windows 10 update? Error 0xc000012f

EA DICE Team

@samth3mancgp

Did you do an upgrade to Windows 10, or are you on a fresh install?

Since the error message you are getting directly links to the VC++ program, if you are still unable to install this or it fails to resolve the issue, you might be looking at some corrupted of damaged files on your system. You can try the following to try and resolve that:

• Make sure you are the system administrator, or run the program as admin by right-clicking and selecting Run as administrator.
  • Clean your system with ccleaner to make sure there are no corrupted files
  • Check your system for missing or damaged files via a System File Checker
  • A last resort would be a System Refresh

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Message 62 of 185 (63,074 Views)

★★★ Novice
You know what.. I was being a doofus and kept reinstalling the 64bit VC++ stuff when Origin is very clearly a 32bit program living in the x86 folder and all... As soon as I did the 32 bit one Origin started right up! I guess what was going through my head was that I needed the 64bit one because I was on a 64 bit system and the instructions didn't specifically say which file(s) to install.

I am posting this because I wasted far too much time by not realizing that and don't want anybody else to make the same mistake!

The Alienware laptop belongs to my sister and she was sad that The Sims 3 wouldn't launch on her brand new laptop. What is interesting is Alienware clearly did an update from 8.1 to 10 since there is a Windows.old folder on it. It's a pretty awesome laptop though, I'm jealous!
Message 63 of 185 (63,066 Views)

EA DICE Team

@samth3mancgp

Alienware is definitely a beast!

I am glad you figured it out in the end and that she can get back to playing. As for my instructions, I updated them to add that users should install both the 32 and 64bit versions in case anyone else runs into the same problem. Thanks a lot for coming back to us and confirming this.

Should you have any questions in the future, feel free to reach out to me again.. :eahigh_file:

Message 64 of 185 (63,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This issue just started up for me, have had windows 10 for awhile and been playing simcity for while up to 2 days ago. When i got the missing dll messages, fixed that error message. But now i get the unable to start correctly.  I've run the MS scanner as suggested, no issues found. Deleted all Visual C's, origin & simcity. Restarted. Ran CCleaner. Restarted. Re-installed Visual C's from from EA_Nil's in post link, restarted laptop, installed origin, restarted laptop, installed simcity, restarted. No luck. Same App error message. I have Battle.net and play World of tanks/warships, no issues with either one.

I have an Asus G551 running windows 10 (64bit).  (Originally windows 8.1, 64bit)

Any help will be welcomed, getting frustrated at this point.

Message 65 of 185 (21,157 Views)

Community Manager

@KybenTiberius Hi,

Is your operating system otherwise fully patched? 

You could also try looking at the reliability monitor following the steps below:

1. Press Win+R to open the run box
2. Type perfmon /rel to open the reliability monitor.

This opens a window where you can click on the error's visually shown (white X in red circle) to find the latest one related to Origin. Click show details and then paste the info that is listed in there in here.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 66 of 185 (21,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Nils Hi,

Yes OS fully patched, sorry forgot to mention that.

I have gotten it to work, I rolled back the OS to a previous restore point that I knew was working with Origin/Simcity. Re-installed origin/simcity. Got another app. error msg: Application unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Closed it out, restarted and seems to be working.

From last restore point (Jan.2/16) until now, I've only installed HP printer driver for a new printer and Nvidia updated driver. Not sure how MS WIN 10 OS updates, didnt see any messages of the OS updating.

Hope this helps people out. None of the replacing missing DLLs/Visual Cs worked for me.

Cheers!

Message 67 of 185 (21,149 Views)

Community Manager

@KybenTiberius Ah okay, thanks for the quick follow up. The printer drivers should really be unrelated but I suppose the Nvidia drivers might not be.

I had a Windows 10 OS update on my home computer myself in that time frame, but as I am located in another part of the world so the roll out cycle might differ.

Either way, glad to hear that it is working again for you now, happy gaming!

Message 68 of 185 (21,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

ERROR 0xc000007b  

I have been struggling with this for a while now. I only solved it because I could not install VC++ 2010 for a software development IDE. In researching why VC2010 wouldn't install, I discovered that Windows 10 has disabled NET Framework by default.

I enabled this, installed both x64 & x86 VC++2010 and it resolved the issue.

To enable NET Framework in Windows 10, go to your Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Turn Windows features on or off > expand and put a check to any NET Framework you see, typically 3.5 & 4.6. Then reinstall both of the VC++ x64 & x86 for 2010 & 2013.

This FINALY resolved my problem. Hope it helps!

Admin edit: further VC++ information that could cause this error is available in the following topic:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/MSVCP100-dll-missing-in-windows-10/m-p/4702068#M160978

ERROR 0xc000012f

Please make sure you installed the latest versions of VC++ on your computer. You can get the via the Microsoft website, here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003 -- please install both the 32 and 64bit versions.

It is also important that your system is fully updated. Please use the Windws Update function in W10 to get all the latest updates. If afterwards the issue persists, please do a manual uninstall of Origin and download and install the latest version. Please run the installer and Origin as administrator by right-clicking the program and selecting Run as admin.

Message 69 of 185 (207,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I couldn't paste the file in "system 32" and " sysWOW64". It's showing an error "folder in use". 

Message 70 of 185 (20,570 Views)