Re: The Sims 3 shows on EA App but not on Origin library

by EA_Solaire

Original Post

The Sims 3 shows on EA App but not on Origin library

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I own The Sims 3 with all the expansions, but for some reason I can download it only thru EA App, on Origin it doesn't appear in my games library, I only see the x64 Mac OSX version instead (with not even all of the expansions).

It's not the only case of "misaligned" games on my account, for example, if I launch The Sims 4 through EA App, it'd load without the expansions, giving me a warning when I load the game, but if I launch it through Origin, it's all fine.

I wonder what's causing this, it's also very annoying because in order to play The Sims 3, I have to download it from EA App, then I must uninstall EA App because otherwise Origin glitches and doesn't open (I get only the title bar with nothing else) and then launch it from Origin, because if I launch it from EA App it says that I don't own the game, while it's actually there! I'm really confused.

Whereas if I try to download the game from Origin instead, I get the following error:

"Download Error

We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later.

Help us improve Origin by submitting an error report."

(but it downloads fine from EA App)
Message 1 of 4 (489 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there @EliaForce95,

Are your Sims 3 expansions showing if you right-click The Sims 3 game tile in your Origin library, go to Show Game Details, then Extra Content, Expansions or Stuff Packs?

If not, let's clear the cache for Origin following the steps here.

To help with that download error, we'll also want to be sure you don't have any background applications blocking Origin with these steps.

Please also make sure you have Origin running as an administrator.

solaire.png

Message 2 of 4 (448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sims 3 doesn't show at all on Origin, only the mac version for some reason and with all the expansions (however when I install it on my macbook I don't have all of them, only few)

on EA App, however I see normal Sims 3 with all the expansions

why can't I see the normal Sims 3 on Origin?

Origin isn't blocked by anything btw, I can download all of the other games perfectly, I get that error only with The Sims 3 from the "My home" tab (where it only appears)

Message 3 of 4 (419 Views)

Community Manager

@EliaForce95 

There were some download issues with Origin that just recently got resolved, can you clear the cache for Origin again please and let me know if you're still not able to see/download your expansions there please? 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 4 (373 Views)