I can't get The Sims 4 to install on my computer

by Jcormom

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't get The Sims 4 to install on my computer

★★ Novice

After the update yesterday for the Neighborhood stuff, I got in after updating it (I backed up my saves and tray thankfully) and I started a build. When I went to save the game, it gave me the error code 0 thing. I googled how to fix it and attempted to do what someone had been advised to do. After popping my saves and tray back in (I didn't add mods back because I know they are usually broken right after updates) I saw that I was missing items in my gallery. I looked up a solution to that and when I opened my game back up...I had NO saved games anymore. Yes, I put my saves and tray back in (I even downloaded them from my OneDrive to make sure they were all there and correct). Today, I decided to uninstall and reinstall The Sims and see if doing that would help recover my saves...but every time I click on The Sims, it says the game isn't installed. I uninstalled and reinstalled Origin. Got everything downloading...it took an hour roughly. Click on my sims game...it says it's not installed. I go into Origin and click Install. The game does the "preparing" then...nothing. It still says to install the game. What am I doing wrong bc I am honestly on the verge of tears at this point!

Message 1 of 4 (1,621 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't get The Sims 4 to install on my computer

★★ Novice

So, after factory resetting my phone I was able to get the base game installed! Now my fingers are crossed that once all the packs install and I start up the game, I can get my saves and trays loaded in and recover my progress. Thank you so much for trying to help out! I really appreciate it

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,598 Views)

All Replies

@Jcormom  What antivirus do you use?  Please also check whether you have any Sims 4 program files installed.  The usual location is:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

I'm curious not only whether there's a Sims 4 folder present, but what's inside it.  Please also open the Game folder, and the Bin folder inside, if you have them, and see whether a TS4_x64.exe is present.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (1,613 Views)

★★ Novice

My windows 11 update came with Norton AntiLock (i think...) but that expires in like 2 days. I do know it's been having issues with some sort of .64 thing to do with the sims. I literally just factory reset my computer, so let me see if that even worked.

Message 3 of 4 (1,603 Views)

★★ Novice

So, after factory resetting my phone I was able to get the base game installed! Now my fingers are crossed that once all the packs install and I start up the game, I can get my saves and trays loaded in and recover my progress. Thank you so much for trying to help out! I really appreciate it

Message 4 of 4 (1,599 Views)