GeForce NOW - "Too many computers have accessed this accounts version..."

by MACTEPofyourAHYC

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Geforce Now- Too Many Computers have accessed this account's version of ...

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I play on Nvidia Geforce Now, which is a cloud gaming service.

I keep receiving an error saying: Too many computers have accessed this account's version of DisplayName field missing from the registry. recently. Please try again later.

On Geforce Now, You play on virtual computers and every 1 Hour your session ends and your virtual computer is changed, and after around 4-5 sessions. I receive the error which is frustrating as it normally takes around 24 hours for it to go away and this whole weekend I haven't been able to play as much as I wanted to. When I spoke to an employee about this they said I need to talk to Nvidia about it. All you guys have to do is remove the error. Way more people will play the game if you remove it and more people will buy stuff. I am really disappointed. Hope you guys don't air this. Please reply and look into this and make changes.

Message 9 of 119 (81,565 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Geforce Now- Too Many Computers have accessed this account's version of ...

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Greetings all,

I can confirm that this works. For anyone using Geforce Now still receiving the 'Too many computers..." error, simply login to your EA account, navigate to "Security" tab and click on "Login Verification". Choose email, phone number etc.. EA will send you a verification code to your communication option of choice. Enter this code in the box. Once complete and verified, login through Geforce Now again with your account, it will ask you to verify again via your choice (Email, phone etc..) Enter the next code, and you should have no problems.

The issue is GeForce Now logs each session as a virtual computer in a different location each login, which Origin/EA flags as suspicious. No need to wait 24 hours with this method though Standard smile

As a note: You will have to re-verify each login! this will not permanently fix the problem or allow you to fluidly pass through the Origin login process when playing Apex Legends. However, it is a temporary workaround. Also, it is possible you will have to occasionally login to your EA account, navigate to "security" and under trusted devices, choose remove trusted devices. EA/Origin, please fix this issue regarding GeForce Now compatibility.

Cheers

View in thread

Message 28 of 119 (87,749 Views)

All Replies

GeForce NOW - "Too many computers have accessed this accounts version..."

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Answer deleted, geforce now is poop

Message 1 of 119 (81,511 Views)

Computer limit interferes with GeForce Now.

★ Apprentice

I was playing Apex Legends on GeForce Now, but after a couple of sessions I was getting this error: "Too many computers have accessed this account's version of DisplayName field missing from registry recently. Please try again later". This computer limit is only used by EA and it's the only client that does not support the new generation of cloud streaming services. I tried to talk about the error with an Advisor, but he didn't understand anything and said he couldn't help. I want to talk to an EA developer, but sadly there's no ways to reach them. I am really bugged as I got GeForce Now only to be able to play Apex (my CPU is too old), and it ends up that I got GeForce for nothing? Does somebody know how to remove or reset the limit? Or how can I contact an EA dev?

Message 2 of 119 (81,433 Views)

Re: GeForce NOW - "Too many computers have accessed this accounts version..

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

<answer deleted> buying a new pc is definitely better than using such services as geforce now. do not make a mistake

Message 3 of 119 (81,444 Views)

Re: Computer limit interferes with GeForce Now.

★★★★★ Newbie

Same I wanna play apex legends for more than 4-5 hours but im not able to with this stupid feature its frustrating as this whole weekend ive only played a few hours of apex since that message keeps popping up and I was planning to spend money on apex too but whats the point if I cant play it 

Message 4 of 119 (81,399 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/GeForce-NOW-quot-Too-many-computers-have-acces...

"Cloud gaming. It seems like these days, it’s on everyone’s mind, with new possibilities, paths, and players emerging from all corners of the industry. " - Ken Moss, Chief Technology Officer at Electronic Arts.

Message 5 of 119 (81,373 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I was gonna spend money on the game too until my geforce session finished and I tried logging in but recieved the error.

No one that uses cloud gaming services wants this * its just pathetic we wanna enjoy a game but we cant.

Alot more people will spend money on your game and enjoy it if you just remove this stupid feature.

Message 6 of 119 (81,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

<answer deleted> buying a new pc is definitely better than using such services as geforce now. do not make a mistake

Message 7 of 119 (81,409 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Watch none of the Devs are gonna reply to this post as they think that this problem doesnt need to be solved but they dont know how many more people will play and spend money on origin games.

Its frustrating cause when I talk on live chat to an employee they tell me that I need to talk to Nvidia about it, when its EA's fault cause they think that a little security option is gonna save people from being hacked.

They could just email the person and tell them that a different computer has logged onto their account if they really care about the issue that much but no they think locking the account would make a difference. People like us that use cloud gaming services suffer aswell

Message 8 of 119 (81,356 Views)

Problem with GeForce Now

★★★★★ Newbie

Playing Apex Legends rn, just as I planned to play it overnight it tells me "too many computers have accessed this account ......", and I looked up online and saw a massive amount of this type of post in the help forum with no response. As the title states, I have a potato pc and the only way I can play this game is through GeForce Now, and then this happened. So EA plz fix this, and more ppl WILL start to play the game

Message 10 of 119 (81,351 Views)