Re: PS3 Freezing During Loading

by EA_Najat

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
I've had the same issue. This is my fourth NFS game, and I've never had an issue.

Additionally, I logged into the game as a different user, ran for a few hours, experienced a glitch at the start of a challenge. When I logged back in, it also froze coming out if the garage. So now I have two different accounts that freeze out if the garage.

I don't appear to be alone with this issue. Any fix on the way??

Thanks!
Message 11 of 53 (8,619 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey, I tried your recommendation/fix again. Persistence pays! It worked (although I did something slightly different). All is good for the moment.

This would seem to point to an issue with the game vs a modem/firewall issue.
Message 12 of 53 (8,616 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too.  I've tried the suggestions and nothing makes a difference which is frustrating as I was really enjoying myself.

I'm wondering if trading it in at the store would make any difference?   I hate having nothing to show for my hard earned money.

Is EA working on a fix or not?

Message 13 of 53 (8,581 Views)

★★ Novice

Try this; it seems to work.

When you turn on your PS3 Console- do NOT log into PSN.  Start the game, and click "No, I don't want to sign in".  Set everything up that you need to- and start up EasyDrive.  

Press Start when you're in FreeRoam, and go to "Extras". Make sure the game is on Public, and click "Find New Session".  The game will say "Please return to Hideout and log into Origin.  

Sign into PSN, then go to your Hideout.  Go to Find New Session.  Then go to "Extras", Sign In To Origin".  Then go to Find New Session.  You should now be in a Public Game with a few people.  Don't do anything else, just go straight to FreeRoam.  If it works, great.  Now you can return to a Hideout to fix your Pursuit Techs, change Cars- or whatever else you need to do, and go back to having fun.

Give it a try doing exactly as I said, and hopefully it works.  It's worked for me the 2-3 times I've done it.

Message 14 of 53 (8,573 Views)

★ Novice

same problem fix pls

Message 15 of 53 (8,568 Views)

★ Novice

I am continuing to have this issue myself.  I downloaded the game on day 1.  Played for a few hours with no problems.  The next day I tried to play and it froze.  The only way to get out was to turn off the PS3 and turn it on.  After a few more instances of this, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.  This did not fix the problem.  The freezing would occur at times when the game was loading.  Other times it would freeze once I selected my car and it was taking me to the main map.  At times, I was able to drive for 2-3 seconds and then freezing again.  Day 3 and now Day 4, the same thing.  Again, another delete and reinstall... same issues.  I have tried some of the suggestions listed above and they have not worked for me.  My modem is directly connected to the PS3.  

I have never had issues like this on any other of the NFS games I own - but all were with disc and not directly downloaded.

Not sure if my location matters but I am in The Philippines.  

This is extremely annoying and disappointing as the game (for the couple of hours I was able to play) was entertaining.  I am happy to chat with a tech person if they want to troubleshoot with me.  And, I can take a video of what is happening if someone wants to see.  

Message 16 of 53 (8,561 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have you guys tried booting the game without being connected to the internet? Unplug your ethernet cable, boot into the game, then reconnect and join a public game afterwards.

Message 17 of 53 (8,559 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@bleiphrak wrote:

Have you guys tried booting the game without being connected to the internet? Unplug your ethernet cable, boot into the game, then reconnect and join a public game afterwards.

Thanks Bleiphrak. Indeed, please try to disconnect the network cable if your are experiencing the issue and then reconnect. This workaround allows you to progress pass the loading screen. The team is currently investigating this issue, but in the meantime please try this solution.

We will update this thread as soon as more information is available.

Message 18 of 53 (8,552 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Need for Speed Rivals PS3 Freezing

Some Need for Speed Rivals players on the PlayStation 3 are experiencing freezing issue when trying to load their game, preventing them from progressing.

If your game freezes when trying to load, safely disconnecting your network cable will allow you to progress through without your game freezing.

We're hard at work to provide a more permanent solution to this issue and will provide updates as soon as possible.

Message 19 of 53 (9,329 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I use wifi to connect to the internet instead of using a network cable will this solution work if I try it?
Message 20 of 53 (8,484 Views)