Re: Issue with Overwatch Challenge livery unlock

by EA_Najat

Original Post

Betreff: Issue with Overwatch Challenge livery unlock

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem, not with the livery but with the "Maserati GT MC Stradale". I unlocked the "Overwatch Challenge #3", finished the race and unlocked the car.

At the next day, I started the game and my Maserati is re-locked, but I can see on my "Driver details" Car purchased: 22/22.

I tried everything to get this car back. NFS Network sign in, sign out. Starting the game, quit the game.

I hope, this problem will be fixed very soon.

Sometimes, my liverys are re-locked. But at the moment, the liverys are still unlocked.

Message 21 of 164 (5,113 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks Montrey1987.  Indeed this is also what happened to some other players according to the previous comments in this thread.
However it does not seem to be specific to the PS4 platform -
A PC player also posted a comment here for the same issue.

As soon as more info is available I will post a message.

Message 22 of 164 (5,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have a similar problem with Overwatch on the PS3. I unlocked the Bentley on challenge 12 ,then noticed it was locked again the next day. I have completed all 17 challenges, level 50 Overwatch, level 10 racer, level 61 police with 99.8% completed there, cant get the 100% until the Bentley unlocks again.

Message 23 of 164 (5,085 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I am level 50 with over 30.000 SP, still couldnt unlock the Bentley...

I am on PC

Message 24 of 164 (5,058 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue on PS4, I have done all the Overwatch Challenges, and unlock all the cars and liveries, however the lIvery you get for 'Challenge 8' the "Mask" Livery (for the Audi R8) has since locked again. 

It's really annoying, because there is no way to replay the challenges, so I cant get the livery back.

This reminds me of the infamous NFS Most Wanted 'Motorhead' bug, which like this was server based and never fixed.

Message 25 of 164 (4,899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

A few days are gone... So, have we new updates or something about the issue?

I still have the problem with the "Maserati GT MC Stradale". I'm a PC Player.

I'm Level 50 in OverWatch and unlocked all Bentleys (Standard, Undercover and Enforcer) and all Liverys.

The Bentleys and the Liverys are still unlocked and I can use them.

The only problem is the "Maserati GT MC Stradale". It's still re-locked.

I've contacted already the EA Support / Live Chat, but they can't helped me.

Message 26 of 164 (4,878 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I doubt they ever fix this issue. The only solution I see is them patching the game to unlock all of the Overwatch items from the start. With more and more games taking this approach of having companion apps to unlock content I see this becoming a bigger issue in general.

Message 27 of 164 (4,865 Views)

★ Apprentice

My son has just had it happen on the PS3 now, after Overwatch challenge 3, the Maserati unlocked, now he has just completed challenge 5 and it locked again. 

Message 28 of 164 (4,791 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Ratkat wrote:

My son has just had it happen on the PS3 now, after Overwatch challenge 3, the Maserati unlocked, now he has just completed challenge 5 and it locked again. 

We have informed the team about this issue - They are looking into it.

Message 29 of 164 (4,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I having the same issue on the xbox360 as well

Message 30 of 164 (4,526 Views)