Why did I get the wrong parts from the Burning Rubber event?

by EA_Najat

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Our team is aware of an issue with the "Burning Rubber" event in Need for Speed Most Wanted on the PS3 and Xbox 360 that occurs if you've installed the latest free content pack.

If you complete the "Burning Rubber" event after downloading and installing the free content pack you will be awarded the "Ram Chassis" mod, rather than the "Short Gears" or "Aero Body" mods, for the Jaguar XKR.  

Note, this issue also affects those players who have already unlocked these mods, but have yet to get them to 'pro' level before installing the latest free content patch. 

We've identified that the below steps should allow you to gain the proper mods from "Burning Rubber":

• Remove the latest free content pack patch data by going to your game data files through your console menu and manually delete them. Note, you do not need to delete any save game data. Be cautious in performing this step and make sure that you're deleting your Need for Speed Most Wanted Game Data, not your Save Data. If you delete your Save Data, you will lose all of your progress through the game. 
  • Disable, or simply unplug, your console's internet connection to ensure your game doesn't automatically update, and then start your game, dismissing any prompts to go online, sign in, or download an update.
  • Complete the "Burning Rubber" event coming in first place to unlock both the "Aero Body" and "Short Gears" mods.
  • Equip both of the mods.
  • While equipped, complete the milestone criteria to unlock the 'Pro' versions of the equipped mods and allow the auto-save icon to appear on screen .
  • After auto-saving has completed, quit the game. 
  • Enable your internet connection and download and install the latest free content pack once more. 

Once the final step has completed you should find that both mods will now be unlocked and available to equip in single player.

Message 1 of 1 (1,707 Views)