Re: NFS MW 2012 Multiplayer Update 2 Constanly Asking to Download Xbox 360

by Doc_Cobra343

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS MW 2012 Multiplayer Update 2 Constanly Asking to Download Xbox 360

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I recently got a new Xbox 360 console. I redownloaded alot of my games. I went to play Need for Speed Most Wanted, and it asked to download the "Multiplayer Update 2". I downloaded it, played for awhile. The next day I went to play, it prompted me to download it again. I had have this problem in the past. So, I undownloaded it, redownloaded it, and went to play. It asked me to download it again. I then decided to do some research. I tried doing the following solutions many times and none of them did not work anytime I did them.

1. Find and open the Storage Device section located on your Xbox 360 Dashboard
  2. Open the Games and Applications section of your Storage Device menu
  3. Locate the entries for the Need for Speed: Most Wanted Online Pass and the Ultimate Speed Pack DLC
  4. Delete both of these entries. Note: You do not have to delete any save game progress as part of these steps.
  5. Start the game once more and another prompt to download the update will appear.
  6. Select 'Yes' to begin downloading the update.
  7. Once the update is complete, please exit the game completely back to the Xbox 360 Dashboard.
  8. Navigate to the 'Settings' pane on the dashboard.
  9. Select 'Account' followed by 'Download History'
  10. Locate the entry for your Need for Speed: Most Wanted Online Pass and download it once more.

1. Go to storage device and delete both the downloaded update and the online pass (you do NOT have to delete your saved game)

2. Install the game

3. Load game and let it download the update as normal (do NOT play the game during the download)

4. Once the update has installed, exit the game and redownload the online pass from your download history

5. Load the game as normal. You should not receive the prompt about the update again.

Eventually it screwed up my Need for Speed Most Wanted. The shop/store when you pushed the start button did not appear. I eventually gave up.

It is starting to make me mad. But I have one important question. Do I need to download this update to download the DLC that gives me all the DLC? I want to get it, but I really need to know. Thank you to anyone who responds. UPDATE: I got it working because one of my friends told me how to get it working.

Message 1 of 3 (2,325 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

My solution:1. Undownload the Online Pass, the Multiplayer update, and the Ultimate Speed Pack.

2.Install the gamme by searching up: Need for Speed Most Wanted on the Xbox 360 search. Go on it, then go on install.

3. After installing the game, go to play the game, and install the update. Once the game loads(where you can pause the game and select through the options), go to the dashboard.NOTE: Do not play the game. If it forces you to play it, restart you console, undownload the Multiplay Update, the Online Pass, and the Ultimate Speed Pack.Restart your console and try again.

4. Go to your download history and redownload the Online Pass and the Ultimate Speed Pack.

5. Play the game, it will ask you to download the update again, and then it will work.

OR:

(Starting right after step 2.)3.Install the Online Pass and the Ultimate Speed Pack.

4. Play Need for Speed and download the update. Exit when you can pause the game and stuff.) NOTE: Do not play the game. If it forces you to play it, restart you console, undownload the Multiplay Update, the Online Pass, and the Ultimate Speed Pack.Restart your console and try again.

5.Play the game, it will ask you to download the update again, and then it will work.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (2,615 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@7892434 wrote:

UPDATE: I got it working because one of my friends told me how to get it working.

@Doc_Cobra343 

If this workaround did not work could share the solution with the community? 

It might be helpful.

Was it something specific to the console?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 3 (2,308 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My solution:1. Undownload the Online Pass, the Multiplayer update, and the Ultimate Speed Pack.

2.Install the gamme by searching up: Need for Speed Most Wanted on the Xbox 360 search. Go on it, then go on install.

3. After installing the game, go to play the game, and install the update. Once the game loads(where you can pause the game and select through the options), go to the dashboard.NOTE: Do not play the game. If it forces you to play it, restart you console, undownload the Multiplay Update, the Online Pass, and the Ultimate Speed Pack.Restart your console and try again.

4. Go to your download history and redownload the Online Pass and the Ultimate Speed Pack.

5. Play the game, it will ask you to download the update again, and then it will work.

OR:

(Starting right after step 2.)3.Install the Online Pass and the Ultimate Speed Pack.

4. Play Need for Speed and download the update. Exit when you can pause the game and stuff.) NOTE: Do not play the game. If it forces you to play it, restart you console, undownload the Multiplay Update, the Online Pass, and the Ultimate Speed Pack.Restart your console and try again.

5.Play the game, it will ask you to download the update again, and then it will work.

Message 3 of 3 (2,616 Views)