Game crashes after partial online Speed List completion (PS3)

by OrbitalShark

Original Post

Game crashes after partial online Speed List completion (PS3)

★★★ Novice

As the title explains...

I load multiplayer without issue but every single time I complete a partial Speed List (enter session during 4 or less events) the main progression screen crashes. This is not an isolated event, it happens every single time. When it does crash I have to completely turn my PS3 off then back on again.

If I enter a room during intermission the problem does not happen...

Message 1 of 19 (1,284 Views)

Re: Game crashes after partial online Speed List completion (PS3)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happening to me after doing the Concours last weekend.  At the end of the speedlist, the game screen is replaced by the background graphic of the summary screen and the game hangs. This is just before it shows the SP bar.  Have to power off the PS3, no response from pushing the PS button on the controller.

And same as OP stated, if I happen to enter the game during intermission, the game does not hang at the end of the speed list.  I can keep playing multiple Speedlists as long as I want.

EA and Criterion, PLEASE fix this before you release the first DLC pack.  I will not be buying any addons until this issue is fixed.  I bought the game day 1, got the Platinum, did the Concours and am back up to SL22.  I love the game and will buy every DLC you release, but this must be fixed.

@Criterion: I'm a longtime Burnout fan and put in WAY too many hours on Paradise (not so many on Hot Pursuit).  I know you guys got this.

Message 2 of 19 (1,244 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm guessing you both have concoursed.

There's a bug where the system crashes if you join a speedlist in progress.  As you noticed, it works fine if you join in intermission/prior to the first event starting.

The only workaround for now is to quit out of the last event if you know the crash is imminent.  Lately, I've been quitting during the last event so the game won't fill my slot with a new player, and rejoining the same group from my recent players list since they'll be on Intermission.  I'm on an Xbox360, so I'm not sure if you have something similar on the PS3.

Message 3 of 19 (1,237 Views)

★ Guide

Here we are >  Concours course [xbox360] :D :D :D 

Any patch comming soon?  

Message 4 of 19 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Novice

Digitalmanaz has the same history with the Burnout Series and Criterion racers I do.

I plan to buy whatever DLC you throw at this game, but it's going to be difficult to play if I have to keep restarting my PS3.

As others have stated, this didn't start until entering Concours. Multiplayer is the only thing left now that I've gotten gold on all 205 single player races.

Message 5 of 19 (1,213 Views)

★★★ Novice

Looks like there was a patch for the PS3 today. Anyone know if it fixed the concours problem?  Never mind. I'll go play and find out. Standard smile

Message 6 of 19 (1,200 Views)

★★★ Novice

It does not fix the concours problem. It does, however, provide a convenient method for buying new DLC. I am so not surprised by this at all.

Message 7 of 19 (1,194 Views)

★ Pro

Could you update the topic and include PC? Not sure if this is related to Concours mode but i'm also experiencing this. Whenever a speed list is already on the way and I happen to pop in after the first event is completed it always crashes to desktop whenever it's trying to show me the reward screen (where you can see your SP bar going up, watch tickets awarded etc.

This is what I get from the crashes:

NFS13.exe
   50b778ee
   NFS13.exe
   50b778ee
   c0000005
   002e50d3
   01cddd884806a4d6
   F:\Spel\Need for Speed(TM) Most Wanted\NFS13.exe
   F:\Spel\Need for Speed(TM) Most Wanted\NFS13.exe
   8a4093f3-497d-11e2-a5bd-002522adafe6

Message 8 of 19 (1,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is definitely related to Concours.  Everyone that has NOT done Concours does NOT crash at the rewards screen at the end of the Speedlist.  I just leave games in the last event until I happen to join a game in the 3 minute intermission.

Come on EA/Criterion, it can't be that hard.  If the player joining the game has Concours'ed, then put them in a game that is in intermission.  That's a quick fix, but the root cause needs to be determined.

Message 9 of 19 (1,158 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

hello friends,

while playing online last night and finished an speedlist the screen froze when i get the results of the speedlist  and i have to restart it again  and again 

Please EA give an answer

PD:i am in the Concours mode

Message 10 of 19 (1,102 Views)