Re: Work-around for SSL Connection Error

by MogRules

Original Post

★★ Novice

It works for me now.  I saw the user agreement this time, re-logged in and bingo bango bongo!  Back in business.  Thanks

Message 101 of 114 (945 Views)

Community Manager

@shlanny30 wrote:
@NHL_Live_Support It’s your update 1.40 that’s causing the issue once it installs the SSL crash happens

It was not due to the 1.4 update. Many of our games were affected by this. Not only NHL 23. Please try the instructions I posted previously and let me know if that resolves this or not.

Aljo.png
Message 102 of 114 (938 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo The issue I had at least, was that when I tried to log into my PSN account using the provided instructions, it would link to an OLD EA account that I didn't want linked, even after I logged out of the website. I don't know how you guys are pulling login info magically without me entering anything, but it's not really fun when it does not work.

Upon getting home tonight I cleared my browser cache and tried the instructions you listed, which I tried 100 times already, but this time it magically linked to the right account and everything is back to working.

If anyone else is having the same difficulties linking their PSN account try to clear the cache on your browser. I don't know if that actually did anything or if EA finally fixed something on their end, but it's worth a try.
Message 103 of 114 (899 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo in my case, using PS5 platform, there's problem trying step "3." the website aks for changing password - made twice with no result
Message 104 of 114 (889 Views)

Community Manager

@830499199448348a Hi, it sounds like the site is trying to reset the password on an older EA account. This can happen when folks have linked an account a long time ago, and have forgotten or lost control over the older EA account.

After using the PS login, you can go to your profile page where you can see what the email is for your current EA account

You can double check your linked accounts, and make updates if necessary. 

If you have any further problems with this, please reach out to support at https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

@MogRules Thank you for the details of your issue and for the workaround steps for anyone who happens to be in the same situation. 
We did roll out a fix last night to which might have been what sorted you, but it's always good to keep a cache clear in mind when having site issues. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 105 of 114 (876 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I want to verify this is resolved for me. I do request a reason for outage as this wasn't a small 1-2 hour outage but days after a brand new purchase.

Message 106 of 114 (864 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@NHL_Live_Support I can’t find the two step verification on my account and I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game as well as rebooting my internet. Nothing is working. This has been going for a few days. What else can be done?
Message 107 of 114 (857 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Finally, I decided to create another account. The previous was such an "older" account, but with full access, and I knew all the data. After cleaning browsers' cache I've been successful with the new one. So thanks for the inspiration, but it was quite tough job, in my opinion Standard smile 

Message 108 of 114 (846 Views)

★★ Novice

none of these steps have worked over the past week, this game has now become unplayable... its an NHL 23 game issue considering all other EA games work without issue of servers. 

Message 109 of 114 (788 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Step 1. Go to www.ea.com

Step 2. Click "Sign in"

Step 3. DON'T type now your e-mail and password. Instead click PSN-icon (it is most right, the blue one!).

Step 4. NOW type your login details.

OPTIONAL Step 5. Agree any Terms and Conditions, IF EA asks you to agree those. And IF EA says you don't have (already) EA account, then create one. 

This was only method, which has worked for my old account and new account too!

Hope this helps. Sorry my bad english!!!

Message 110 of 114 (261 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help